Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I successfully installed Big Sur with OC 0.6.0.

Asus Strix B360-I
i5-9400F
XFX GTR RX 480

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 14.41.48.png

Last edited:
"Mac Installer" (after first reboot in option menu) after some install progress on the screen, just stack second and restart. Install on SSD Kingston.

"Mac Installer" (after first reboot in option menu) after some install progress on the screen, just stack second and restart. Install on SSD Kingston.
Are you installing over an existing Catalina install? This can be a problem. I have it installed on Kingston SSDs with no problem. Always install onto a clean and erased disk.

Are you installing over an existing Catalina install? This can be a problem. I have it installed on Kingston SSDs with no problem. Always install onto a clean and erased disk.

No, clean install.
But it's not a problem for me. The problem is that the "Big Sur" (SSD APFS) disk does not appear in my boot menu, so I start "preboter".

No, clean install.
But it's not a problem for me. The problem is that the "Big Sur" (SSD APFS) disk does not appear in my boot menu, so I start "preboter".
This is a bug in Big Sur most people have the issue. Previous beta versions didn’t have it but the latest release does. Hopefully Apple will fix it with new releases.

Successful installation on Ivy bridge (i5-3470) with Nvidia GT740
Everything runs great. The only problem I have is that I cannot connect to my Apple ID (iCloud). I can connect without any problem to my App Store, but when I try to connect to my iCloud I get a message saying "cannot connect to Apple server". Do you experience this too?
Στιγμιότυπο 2020-08-14, 9.45.56 πμ.png

I made a short video.

Last edited:
It got stuck at the midway through with this on the screen; Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices, I left it alone for awhile then it completed the installation. Opencore 0.6.0 and iMac system def 18,3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back