Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated.. had some problems this time around with frozen screen a couple of times, but resumed after restart and NVRAM reset.
100% the same experience, frozen screens, NVRAM reset and eventually it was done.

On the boot screen how do you remove the efi folders from showing there
In OC config.plist like this - Misc/Boot/Hide Auxiliary = Yes (See pic).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 18.11.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 18.11.35.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 55
The small house I live in - Skylake - just got a few extra rooms after the lastest BS update installed itself and finished following 3 reboots without any problems whatsoever.

Greetings Henties
How did get the opencanopy (gui boot screen) to work. For the life of me I have not been able to get it to work after 0.6.0

How did get the opencanopy (gui boot screen) to work. For the life of me I have not been able to get it to work after 0.6.0
In your config.plist change the setting from Builtin to External like this in the pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 19.57.45.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 19.57.45.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 63
On the boot screen how do you remove the efi folders from showing
Make sure you only have one UEFI opencore EFI folder in your system, that singularly and correctly configured EFI folder will scan
for all bootable drives, except Linux, that is a different cattle of fish. I will publish a guide for that one when I can find some time.
All opsyses have to be installed in EFI mode, which applies to Linux and Windows as well, for macOS that is standard.

Greetings Henties

I have that set
In your Drivers Folder you need to have the OpenCanopy.efi, In your config.plist you need to acknowledge that it is there with this entry as in this pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 21.26.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 21.26.48.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 21.29.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 21.29.15.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 61
Make sure you only have one UEFI opencore EFI folder in your system, that singularly and correctly configured EFI folder will scan
for all bootable drives, except Linux, that is a different cattle of fish. I will publish a guide for that one when I can find some time.
All opsyses have to be installed in EFI mode, which applies to Linux and Windows as well, for macOS that is standard.

Greetings Henties
Henties. A small correction for you. The saying is actually "kettle of fish".

In your Drivers Folder you need to have the OpenCanopy.efi, In your config.plist you need to acknowledge that it is there with this entry as in this pic.
@esafeddie Do you know of a way to customize OpenCanopy? At least to change the icons if not to add some Clover features like "Restart", "Boot in Single User Mode", "Boot in Safe Mode", etc?

@esafeddie Do you know of a way to customize OpenCanopy? At least to change the icons if not to add some Clover features like "Restart", "Boot in Single User Mode", "Boot in Safe Mode", etc?
To customise OpenCanopy check this guy out - My Simple theme OC + Icnspack-Builder - he has quite a good theme base for OC, I got mine(attached pic) from his data base, he has quite a few on Clover but has turned his attention to OC also Slice has a lot on Github for OC as well. I have included Chris1111 theme folder just read what is required or go to his site and see what appeals to you.

PS - By pressing the Spacebar at the Boot Menu brings up more options to choose from.

Attachments

• 16213108.png
    16213108.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 16213116.png
    16213116.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
  • My-Simple-OC-Themes-master.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back