Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reminding me to correct the slight oversight in my profile. Since we are here in the correction department, never place the word 'And' after a 'Full Stop' in the English languish ;)

PS. Maybe you're in the position to explain why a post of mine with a screenshot of the same build data was taken down if the Public and Developer editions are now the same, but it really is not a matter for to me to worry over one way or another, we are all here to help one another even if sometimes it comes over a bit clumsy.

Hey there.

I've checked for you and can't see your removed Screenshot - so it was probably done way above my pay-grade. However, yes it can be a "tipping point" when a Developer release is mentioned, even though, as we now know, the Dev and Public were the same this time. My suspicion is that is the reason.

As for the other screenshot - good spot:thumbup:. Build numbers seem so cryptic for these.

Last edited:
After an upgrade from one of the earlier Big Sur betas went wrong, my only option was to do a fresh install. That's as far as I got though, because I kept getting stuck on on the second stage of the installer, with every attempt ending in a reboot.

Eventually, I found this very useful tool, the "OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker", which I came across on a ****** thread. Apologies to those who already know about this, but I found this very useful, especially when it came to making sure my OpenCore config.plist was correctly setup for my Coffee Lake system.

I know both the OpenCore manual, and Dortania, are very useful in this regard, but this highlighted any mistakes in my config.plist, in a very easy to understand manner. It let me get past my installer reboots.

I also came across a very useful piece of code on ******, that let me spoof my MSI RX 5700 XT, as a Sapphire 5700 XT card. This enabled me to upgrade to the latest Catalina build (without first having to disable my 5700 XT), and may come in useful once Big Sur upgrades get released in the future. Code below:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>ATY,Rom#</key>
                <string>113-D1990103-O09</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Attachments

• Big Sur Beta.jpg
    Big Sur Beta.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 74
@ UtterDisbelief - Thank you for the explanation and clarification. As you can see from my (now completed I hope) profile I have been a member of the TM site for a long time, not that it gives me or I expect any special rights to flout the rules. As an Apple developer I sometimes get ahead of myself trying to help or encourage members in the Hack community with new Apple OS releases to fulfil a gratitude to the site which gave me the knowledge how to build a hack and install OS X way back in Snow Leopard days.

The oversight in my uncompleted profile came about when I upgraded some components in my latest build and decided to remove two other rigs I no longer own, namely the GA-EX58-UDR with an intel i7 cpu (Got great help from GoingBald with that one), then the GA-Z87X-OC FORCE again with an i7 cpu, both those rigs I gave away, wish I still had the EX58, that board was rock solid. In conclusion, editing the profile I missed including the i5 cpu in the Z390. Hopefully the explanation will suffice. :thumbup:

In conclusion, editing the profile I missed including the i5 cpu in the Z390.

Are you sure you forgot? Seems to me it's gone again, bug in the board software?

1601803528549.png

You were probably innocent all along ;)

hi Henties, I see that we have almost the same configurations on the 2 hackintosh systems owned. unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I was unable to successfully install the bigsur beta. the system only boots from usb while from ssd it says unbootable disk. are you kind enough to put back your 2 efi folders for haswell and skylake?
Hi,
You have to mount your SSD EFI and put in it an OpenCore EFI folder for your system.

Hi - A few things to consider to insure BS success, have the latest OC version (0.6.2), the latest kexts in kext folder, in the config.plist SIP should (Apple's way just like on real Macs) be enabled (00000000), again in the config.plist find this setting under Security/SecureBootModel must be set to Disabled. After doing these things, reboot, clean NVRAM now you're good to go install or update.

The small house I live in - Skylake - just got a few extra rooms after the latest Big Sur update installed itself and finished following 3 reboots without any problems whatsoever.

Greetings Henties

Attachments

• Latast Public beta.png
    Latast Public beta.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 67
  • opencanopy.png
    opencanopy.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back