Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Apple updated the 11.0.1 Release version today to Build 20B50. I updated the OP.
  • macOS Build 20B29 (Released 11/12/2020), macOS Build 20B50 (Released 11/19/2020)

Success
It works perfect
OPENCORE

ASUS PRIME Z390-P
Intel Core I7 9700
Graphic AMD RX 580 8gb Ddr5 Sapphire Pulse
Card Wifi Bluetooth Fenvi Fv-hb 1200
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 MVNE

BIOS CONFIG::
Exit → Load Optimized Defaults : Yes
Advanced \ CPU Configuration → Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled
Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration → Vt-d: Disabled
Advanced \ PCH Configuration → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Advanced \ Onboard Devices Configuration → RGB LED Lighting → When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states: OFF
Advanced \ AMP Configuration → Power On By PCI-E/PCI: Enabled
Advanced \ Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack: Disabled
Advanced \ USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support: Auto
Boot → Fast Boot : Disabled
Boot → Secure Boot → OS Type : Other OS
Safe Mode F1 → Disable

Note: (RealtekRTL8111.kext 2.4.0d5 no Works) → 2.2.1 OK

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 186
  • Captura de Pantalla 2020-11-19 a la(s) 22.51.00.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-11-19 a la(s) 22.51.00.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 158
Upgraded from Clover & SMBIOS MacBook Pro 11,1 to OpenCore & SMBIOS MacBook Pro 14,1
--> Catalina to Big Sur;No :beachball: issues:)
11.0.1 (20B29).png

I decided to install everything from scratch with OpenCore 0.6.3 (was using Clover previously), following their guide carefully from Dortania site, and my gosh, this is the first time a Hackintosh installation went smoothly with ZERO issues from the start for me!. Those guys at Dortania made a terrific job on that guide, if you follow all the changes in config.plist according to your CPU and other hardware, everything runs smooth!. I followed the advice to change the iMac 13,2 definition I had (with an Ivy Bridge) with an iMac 15,1 one and it worked buttery smooth. Everything works!. Well, it helped that I had a Fenvi PCI-E Wifi/BT bundle card with a supported Apple chipset, so even the Handoff and unlock with Apple watch works.

Success with updating from High Sierra after switching from Nvidia to Radeon. Everything works except putting computer to sleep and HWmonitor (lost a lot of readouts) Opencore was too complicated for me. Stuck with Clover build 5122. Will try to upgrade to 5126 later.

success with OC 0.6.3 and with big help on
Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 18.32.40.png

Last edited:
OpenCore 0.6.3

A lot of small issue to make it to the install process, but after that all is fine. My audio is even natively OK. Instead of clover wich never really worked.
I prefered a fresh install instead of an update cause hackintosh from a long time ... and a lot of trash built in the system :)

Intel Core i7-8700K @5.Ghz All Core
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Chipset LGA 1151
Samsung SSD interne 860 QVO 4To
Crucial CT2000MX500SSD1 SSD interne MX500 2To
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go (2x16Go) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0
and an OLD R8 380X 4Go

Add to reinstalle it 3 time thow ... First time wanted to migrated old account with a simple relocation of my old user folder .... not a good idea :)
2 time ... format the disk with case sensitivity ... adobe suite was not agree, and cinebench R23 too by the way ^^

Cinebench R23
Single core: 1302
Multiple core: 10027

For now .... no problem !

Attachments

• bigsur.png
    bigsur.png
    574.5 KB · Views: 117
Switched to OpenCore 0.6.3 from Clover on Catalina with a newly made config.plist and then updated to Big Sur. OpenCore is great and everything works!

system.png

Last edited:
Successfully migrated both hacks to Big Sur from Catalina, after switching both from Clover to OpenCore. OpenCore is totally beautiful. Perfect documentation. I was always disappointed with Clover documentation. Not so with OpenCore. I should have taken the plunge earlier. Everything works!

A little more than a half-hour between starting the download and booting into Big Sur... and more than the usual number of restarts (it felt like), but OpenCore always selected the right boot volume automatically (very refreshing). I was getting a little nervous toward the end, but when she booted up into that colorful background, everything appeared to be working, so... nice!

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 4.34.45 PM.png

Back