Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Do you think is it worth the change to try Opencore
I was using Clover for a long time since OSX ML, when the BS beta 1 came out I tried to migrate to Opencore till now.. and I won't go back to Clover. In my opinion OC more fast, smooth and more simple configurated if you keep read the guides

Try this https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ ➡︎ I am a noob and I took the plunge a month ago after having constant problems with various functionalities in Clover (USB power, sleep, etc.). Went step-by-step according to the guide and made it just fine on Catalina. Then went to update to Big Sur and again, w/o any problems. The systems is actually quicker, boots faster, feels pretty great and better than Clover.
OK ... THKSM for your answer !!! ... Let me take away the fear because I am the noobiest of the noobies in hacking !!! ... So, I will read the guide and see what happens !!! ... LoL

Try this https://apps.apple.com/id/app/macos-big-sur/id1526878132?mt=12 (APP Store) I directly update from RC 2 to Final release.. when I click button "GET" automatic redirect to system update and download. make sure unenrolled from dev seed first

I did that indeed, but what happens when you start the installer? Does it overwrite the current installation (making a new, fresh install) or will it only update it?
No idea, nothing change anything lol :lol:, I just noticed in Hackintool build number (20B29) changed
1605262122397.png

On 20B29 after 3 reboots. Flawless as usual. Downloaded directly from Apple's LA servers via VPN, because of overloading of my ISP's infrastructure. Using a VPN ensures that my ISP cannot apply his traffic shaping algorithms when HIS network infrastructure is taxed, as was the case when BS was released.

Attachments

• Average download speed.png
    Average download speed.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Beginning of the end.png
    Beginning of the end.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Big Sur VPN download sources.png
    Big Sur VPN download sources.png
    724.8 KB · Views: 78
Use Opencore 0.6.3+

Here everything is ok, except the graphics card that is always has a maximum memory of 800mhz.
Anyone else with the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 10.38.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 10.38.47.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 112
Back