Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

So I have removed the Beta Profile But it still says I'm up to date. Build (20A5395g) is there a way to force it to update to master build without wipe and reinstall? I have a Catalina Partition that I can download the latest update from can I just download and then copy it to this installer and run it and force the update that way? There is nothing installed on this partition that I would lose just don't really wanna jack with all the setup again.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.10.31 PM.png

If you want to make it as USB
Code
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app --nointeraction

Yes I've added that here:

:thumbup:

Still not working
What finally worked for me was to go in the Mac App Store and click "Get" on the Big Sur page there. That started the Pref Pane update again. All the earlier attempts by just hitting the retry on the prefpane itself always have an error. Worth a shot-- downloaded in ~15 minutes for me.

Downloading on gibmacos now... guess servers were busy earlier.

update: damn it failed just at 12.1GB. :banghead:

Trying through the app store/sys prefs full DL now.

Last edited:
What finally worked for me was to go in the Mac App Store and click "Get" on the Big Sur page there. That started the Pref Pane update again. All the earlier attempts by just hitting the retry on the prefpane itself always have an error. Worth a shot-- downloaded in ~15 minutes for me.
And done...
Big Sur.png

using OpenCore 0.6.3 and updating from Catalina.

Back