Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Did you update from any of the BS betas/release candidates or form a previous version of macOS (10)?
Yes I updated from (20B28) which was a clean install.
@trs96 - Yes you're correct, it is the lazy way for those of us who are wary of using Terminal but I also have the script to do it Apple's way.

PS - For this method to work the BS app must be already down loaded to your Application Folder.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant did anyone know how to create the BS app from the files downloaded with gibMacOS.command. I don't actually have the BS app yet to put in my applications folder.

Do you have fiber optic internet ? What kind of download speeds ?
Sorry just read your post, I do not have fibre optic only connection speed of 100 mb/s with Virgin. I had D/Load speed averaging 600/800 mb/s.
I think I got in early before Apple Servers were inundated with D/Load requests.
For those that cannot see the install in the App Store, maybe it not yet rolled out in your part of the world but I just check App Store and it is here for UK.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 20.25.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 20.25.25.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 140
Sorry just read your post, I do not have fibre optic only connection speed of 100 mb/s with Virgin. I had D/Load speed averaging 600/800 mb/s.
I think I got in early before Apple Servers were inundated with D/Load requests.
For those that cannot see the install in the App Store, maybe it not yet rolled out in your part of the world but I just check App Store and it is here for UK.
It might seem a little off-topic, but I downloaded today's Microsoft Office 2019 updates in Big Sur, and
it made me re-activate the applications.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant did anyone know how to create the BS app from the files downloaded with gibMacOS.command. I don't actually have the BS app yet to put in my applications folder.
Using the gibMacOS.command is quite easy. You need to open the command Script in Terminal and choose the macOS Build you need and let it run which should D/Load it to your Application Folder or just drag and drop it there for you to make the installer.

@LisaAlterEgo - Sorry I did not have that problem with my Microsoft Office 2019 but in saying that, it was already updated before I updated BS.

I had to take myself out of the developer preview profile and reboot my computer to make it show up.

Just launch the .pkg (can't remember the name*) from within the download folder...

* InstallAssistant.pkg

Which SMBIOS are you using ? Is it 13,2 or 14,2 still ?
I'm using macmini8,2

Edit: just spotted this sorry, I have never used Macmini8,2 , I always used macmini6,2

Last edited:
It suddenly stopped downloading and says there is something wrong...

Back