Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

For those who're still on Clover and especially the ones who use OsxAptioFix*Drv, once you updated to Clover r5126 you're going to die very horribly if you don't fill out the "Quirks" section of config.plist, even if you're on Catalina.

Make sure you got that right before you even try Big Sur.

Yup...

This worked for me : Screewed up my installation with latest clover build

What worked for me with clover v5126 was:
1. replacing the drivers > UEFI > AptioMemoryFix.efi with OpenRuntime.efi
2. select: config.plist/Quirks > DisableIoMapper

Still downloading for nearly 2 hours (200Mbit up/down). Speeds in Europe are not great.
Can't wait to start using OpenCore.

Sorry I do not use a VPN or Gibmacos, as far as I know Big Sur is now available in the App Store and my download came via Mac Inbuilt Software Update app.
Did you update from any of the BS betas/release candidates or form a previous version of macOS (10)?

My Intel HD 4000 IGX is finally out of date so the App Store said No to downloading macOS Big Sur

However GibMacOS said Yes !

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 19.38.25.png

:idea: Gotta get a AMD Graphics Card man !

To be continued...

Edit: the Sequel is [
here]

Last edited:
Done! Any idea how to build the installer? BuildmacOSInstallApp.command is not compatible with Big Sur? Or is an installer not needed?
If allowed here on T/M, this is the easiest method in my opinion to make a OS X installer USB Drive, just carefully follow the instructions and let it run. On completion all you need to do is mount the EFI Partition of the USB Drive and drag and drop your working EFI Folder there and then boot off the USB Drive to install BS to your designated hard drive. Good luck.

PS - For this method to work the BS app must be already down loaded to your Application Folder.

Attachments

• TINU.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 192
this is the easiest method in my opinion to make a OS X installer USB Drive,
Looks like it is just a gui for using createinstallmedia method in terminal.

It's basically a GUI for the createinstallmedia executable that can be found in any macOS installer app from Mavericks (macOS 10.9) up to the most recent versions.

It allows you to easily create a macOS install USB stick or other installer media without messing around with the command line and without using Disk Utility. It also detects and prevents the most common errors with the creation of bootable vanilla macOS installers.

Back