Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H - Intel Core i5 3570K - HD4000 iGFx - OpenCore v0.6.5

Very late to the party here :|

I moved away from SMBIOS macmini6,2 over Xmas and generated/validated a new iMac14,4 SMBIOS which worked fine on macOS Catalina and allowed Software Update to prompt me to upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
I held off the upgrade and backed up Catalina. I finally pulled the trigger over the weekend and had no issues nor interruptions with the macOS Big Sur upgrade process :thumbup:

About My macOS BigSur.png

P.S. I have read on the Dortania website that Apple have plans to drop support for HD 4000 Graphics in macOS Big Sur so an incremental macOS update may break support for my current hardware.

Last edited:
Quick question:
I downloaded Big Sur 11.1 and it says it's ready to update - but I can't see a macOS application in the Applications folder. I would like to back the installer up as per previous versions of macOS.
What's going on here?

I downloaded Big Sur 11.1 and it says it's ready to update
You probably downloaded the 2.x GB update and not the full installer. The full version is 12+ GB. It has to be downloaded from the Mac App Store and not through Software Update.

You probably downloaded the 2.x GB update and not the full installer. The full version is 12+ GB. It has to be downloaded from the Mac App Store and not through Software Update.

Not true. The download was 12GB and I went through the app store. Once I selected it there, the download progress bar showed up in "Software Update"

Maybe the download failed and it reverted to the 2GB one. Will try again.
If you suggest that it's going to be there in the Applications folder, then I'll try again.

If you suggest that it's going to be there in the Applications folder, then I'll try again.
That's how it always works on my Macs and Hacks. Never downloads to anywhere else.

Looks like it finally worked. Must have been a failed download initially.

Guys, does anyone know if there is any news regarding a UniBeast and MultiBeast release for Big Sur ?? being that I'm not very familiar with OpenCore and Clover, I prefer the simpler things.

Sorry for my bad English; I am Italian. I use Google translator to speak.

Hi, I'm new to this Hackintosh stuff. I wanted to know if I install Hackintosh Catalina, would I be able to update to BigSur from Hackintosh Catalina itself or I would have to download a new Hackintosh Big Sur image?
Could you give it the update without problem or are you still with Catalina?

Back