Contribute
Register

macOS 11.0 Big Sur is Now Available on the Mac App Store

edit my plist.config and add "quirks" section, update some KEXTs, update Clover to latest (all as Tony recommend)

but run in hangups and errors

then clear my KEXT folder from some unnecessary and old stuff and after 20 minutes and 2-3 restarts get my Big Sur 11.0.1, sound works great without any adjusting

great work Apple and You, experts there and great hackintosh family

Last edited:
Works like a charm. Followed the steps en after a few reboots it is up-and-running.

Success!
Could not get the update installer to boot using Clover -> switched to openCore 6.3 with recommended settings for my system and everything worked first try.

Intel i9 9900k
Asus Prime z390-a
Radeo RX580
32gb ram

After more than 5 years of hackingtoshing fine my PC is working like a real Mac. Flowless! OpenCore is magic!
All this years Clover was giving us chance to use macOS, it's time to go now.
It's running on a 8 years old hardware that Apple drop of support for Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 20.36.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey. My build has worked out good so far. First I installed Catalina on my drive and after that, I updated to Big Sur. The upgrade itself didn't work out in the first place because there were many errors. I managed to fix the problem by booting into Safe Mode and updating from there. So far everything has been working great. Nothing much I can complain about except my Bootloader. I still have my Catalina files in my Bootloader and for some reason I can't find EFI Shell integrated in there. Also my Recovery HD option seems to be missing. I made a short video about it. Clover Video. Help would be much appreciated. Also attached my EFI in case you need it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 125
Workinging on my rather dated setup with OC 0.6.3. Only had to change the config to sysemproductname 15,1

The installation process took very long this time.
But Big Sur is running very stable, everything is working as expected.
It is booting much faster than Catalina.
There is not need to hesitate and wait for macOS 11.1.
This is the fastest and most stable macOS to date.

Easy peasy upgrade! I had to switch to OC over Clover but hey, it was time to get with "The Future" of boot loaders. Anyway, thus far everything works as it did, plus sleep now (kind of) works!Biggest benefit to the upgrade is that Metal performance is now where it should be with my RX Vega 64 (openCL still gimped... like it matters). All in all everything is speedy fast and I have run into no issues. I will be posting a guide soon. :thumbup:

Back