Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Still testing and fine tuning my macOS 11.0.1 Big Sur installation.
Test system: macOS 11.0.1 Bug Sur on Asrock z370 Pro 4 with RX580 using OC 0.6.3.

Everything is working and stable using SMBIOS iMac 19.2, with the exception of Apple TV and Netflix via Safari(works via chrome, so Netflix not a big issue), but AppleTV will not play or stream any content.

Added gfx devices in OC config and ig-platform-id and other normal settings as used on Catalina but no luck at the moment with Big Sur.

Anyone have any success in this area with Big Sur yet?

In answering my own post(as I seem to be doing today :lol:), I've found a temp workaround in changing SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 and fully disabling IGPU in the motherboard bios(also removing any reference to IGPU device in config).

Not 100% happy as it disables quicksync and hardware is not as well matched, but as a temp solution it will remove the issues with Netflix on Safari and AppleTV app (streamed and downloaded content).

I will work more on this issue.

Hi having the same issue after update did you find anything more on this

In answering my own post(as I seem to be doing today :lol:), I've found a temp workaround in changing SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 and fully disabling IGPU in the motherboard bios(also removing any reference to IGPU device in config).

Not 100% happy as it disables quicksync and hardware is not as well matched, but as a temp solution it will remove the issues with Netflix on Safari and AppleTV app (streamed and downloaded content).

I will work more on this issue.
I hope it fixes your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back