Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-2320
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all, i'm new in this forum and to tell the truth i was very pleased with the help received during the installation of mac sierra on my PC.
Thanks again, the only problem I come up with is the "start" noise of the Sata CD/DVD Drive that leaves every 5/10 minutes.
How do I fix it?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, i'm new in this forum and to tell the truth i was very pleased with the help received during the installation of mac sierra on my PC.
Thanks again, the only problem I come up with is the "start" noise of the Sata CD/DVD Drive that leaves every 5/10 minutes.
How do I fix it?
Is there any disc in it?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
How do I fix it?
This is a common problem with some vendors drives (Asus for one) - every 5 minutes or so there is a screeching/scraping sound as the drive checks to see if a disk has been inserted. There is no fix for this as it is in the drive firmware.
Suggest you swap it out for a Pioneer bluray - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H2GTXKS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
or a Sony Optiarc - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WNBMQ2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-2320
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
There aren't disk in it and casually my drive is Asus :lol:, so the only solution is to buy a new CD/DVD drive.
Thank you for the fast reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.