Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MS-16R1
CPU
Intel Core i7-8750H
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/Intel UHD Graphics 630
As the title says, I have an MSI GF63-8RD which has 2 SSDs. On the NVM-E one I have Windows 10 Pro installed, but on the SATA one I want to install macOS 10.15 Catalina. I have access to a physical Mac but I don't know how to install the OS with Clover even though I have read all the guides on this website. Is it compatible considering I have the following specs on my laptop (and if some components aren't compatible, are there some kexts or something)?

CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q (4GB GDDR5) and Intel UHD Graphics 630
DISPLAY: 15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (250 GB) and Samsung 860 QVO (1TB)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Impact, 32GB DDR4, 2666Mhz
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth : Intel AC Wireless 9560
LAN : Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175

Hi. I see it's nearly a month later, and I just happened to see your post as I was searching for something else, but I suggest also doing a search on YouTube, as sometimes it can help watching how someone does something on his or her own computer, though from my experience it's better to keep the guide nearby and try to use the videos as more of a way to better understand the guides.

I've occasionally gotten help from looking at multiple sources (for example, regarding how to make the Hack boot up without the install USB after the installation is otherwise complete, which I got help on from watching a YouTube video), but the reason I recommend sticking with one main one (whether here or elsewhere; I'm not very familiar with installing on a laptop but use this site for the most help on the 2 desktops I've done) is that you could potentially end up doing extra things that will make the setup not properly install or otherwise fail to work properly. But if/when you do get info that may help from another source, I also recommend with any single change to check ASAP afterward if it helped or caused any problem so that you'll be aware and know where something failed.

Anyway, assuming you haven't already figured it all out and finished already, I've always run into some snags here and there and recommend patience and taking a short break at any point if needed during the process, and I wish you the best of luck! 8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back