Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

I have been using OC but gave this a try and that was the fix - wow! thanks. I had to disable SIP to be able to install the latest Clover on Catalina.

Clover boot handles HiDPI. I tried various options of OC but never got HiDPI working.

Before your suggestion, I was getting stuck on the Apple Logo screen forever. Never go to the point like other people where there was a delay of 2-5 minutes.

After following your suggestion, I no longer get stuck on the Apple Logo screen, in fact it boots at the same speed as it used to on Mojave.

Glad to hear it.

Just updated to the 5096 but still have the lines
I had read somewhere on these forums that the purple lines are a side effect of having an AMD GPU. I get the purple lines as well (still on 10.14.6 at the moment) and I have an RX 560. Do you happen to have an AMD card in your hack?

I had read somewhere on these forums that the purple lines are a side effect of having an AMD GPU. I get the purple lines as well (still on 10.14.6 at the moment) and I have an RX 560. Do you happen to have an AMD card in your hack?
Apparently the problem goes far beyond updating Clover. I have an RX 470 and that problem was present in clover 4920, but after updating it, the problem disappeared. In fact, if I change my Efi folder back to the one with Clover 4920, the problem returns. That's why I had that conclusion.

I think I will wait 6 months until I update, like I did with Mojave. Luckily we will get security updates for Mojave until 2021, so no need to hurry here. Catalina does not seem to have any must-have-features anyway.

My 10.15 has been installed, but geekbench 5 runs very low

3675cc61fe39470bb77468f0c882f2e6.jpg

Here's a drive icon workaround. Boot your system from a Mojave drive and change the drive icons (both system and data) via the old method of copy and paste. Once done reboot your system back to Catalina and the icons will stick.
10.15.1 beta solved the issue. icons can be changed as in the past

I wasn't able to boot with Clover with FileVault so have been using OC but gave this a try and that was the fix - wow! thanks. I had to disable SIP to be able to install the latest Clover on Catalina.

Clover boot handles HiDPI. I tried various options of OC but never got HiDPI working.

Before your suggestion, I was getting stuck on the Apple Logo screen forever. Never got to the point like other people where there was a delay of 2-5 minutes.

After following your suggestion, I no longer get stuck on the Apple Logo screen, in fact it boots at the same speed as it used to on Mojave.

CodeDJ, are you using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC ?

I tried switching a while back but had some issues so went back to Fake.

What efis/kexts are you using ?

I want to give another go, but this time on a fresh ssd :)

Stevegut78,

I have the exact same setup as you. Did you have to update any files before installing Catalina?

Sorry just saw this. I just did the usual kext update. Only had a few kexts that needed updating. Clover was already at the latest.

Back