Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

SUCCESSSSSSSS!!!!
Ok finally got my system (Z370 MSI, 8700k, Vega 64, DW1560 [WIFI+BT], iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS) running perfectly with Catalina. I had to update clover to the latest version, update all the clover drivers like aptiomemoryfix.efi which I was having issues with especially iMessage, Facetime, and AppStore not working because of this. Also, all kexts (WEgreen, Lilu, AppleALC, intelMausi, etc) including switching to BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext by acidanthera since Rehabmans version gave me issues. I have my own USBKext so didn't need to touch that. Before all the updated kexts and drivers, I was having issues with installation and post installation. I recommend to update EVERYTHING as much as possible prior to updating MacOS to avoid these issues.
Would you mind sharing your EFI folder! I've been trying to get mine working for hours!! very similar config so I would really appreciate it!

I tried to install it, but it reboots and hangs. I already tried disconnecting all USB devices. Anybody else who had this problem?

Asus Rog Strix Z370, Core i7 CPU, AMD Graphics card.

Never had any problem before. Since a week I also have the problem, that Mojave does not recognize USB sticks anymore. Also, the Logitech Software pops up that there is an update every time I reboot, but there is no update that installs.

Has anyone on Clover r5096 here installed and have problems? My system was very slow after the clover update. It also crashed 2 times today while I was surfing the web only.
Is this happening on your Thinkpad or a desktop PC ?

how did you get successfully 2 hacks?

Lots' of time, hard work and trouble shooting.....but mainly by picking the right hardware. If you do that, your installs go easily....

Lots' of time, hard work and trouble shooting.....but mainly by picking the right hardware. If you do that, your installs go easily....
Nice, i got 3 times, very hard work as You said.
Thanks My friend

ntfs read write support for catalina ? i am only able to read the files but write is not permitted. using fuse for macOS and ntfs-g3

ntfs read write support for catalina ? i am only able to read the files but write is not permitted. using fuse for macOS and ntfs-g3
will need 3rd party software to write to ntfs drives

Tuxera NTFS for Mac

Updated to Catalina from Mojave with disappointing results. Install broke more than I expected — things that have worked since El Capitan:

Audio — fixed with updated kexts and permissions

Sleep/Wake — system wakes, but no mouse/keyboard after wake; disabled sleep

Purple lines went away (RX 470)…I suppose that’s something

Worse, Catalina itself seems to have broken things that used to work fine:

Time Machine lost its entire backup history (and again following 10.15.0 Update) — no idea if it’s recoverable

iTunes/whatever no longer finds music files on network drives (finds the server, sees the albums, but “No Items”, spinning wheel of death, force quit)

DVDPlayer crashes on start (same with Mojave)

I had hoped the 10.15.0 Update would address these, but it hasn’t. Otherwise, I suppose the update was just OK....

— Doug

Last edited:
Back