Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

I have a Hcman LED keyboard, the caps LED worked fine in Mojave, doesn't work in Catalina

Maybe the driver app is 32 bit, Catalina requires 64 bit software - Check with the manufacturer for driver update.

Maybe the driver app is 32 bit, Catalina requires 64 bit software - Check with the manufacturer for driver update.
I never used a driver with Mojave, it just worked.

I got a problem while updating from the Mojave. While using the i5 9400f and vega56, the update went well but can’t get in to the system. The following is the last state I saw.

Attachments

• 00F7AB9B-8D79-47F7-8C5B-D38FF217D74B.png
    00F7AB9B-8D79-47F7-8C5B-D38FF217D74B.png
    7 MB · Views: 104
Problem trying to update. Any advice will help.

Currently was on 10.14.6 . Downloaded update from app store an ran install. It proceeded ok and asked to reboot. On reboot Clover booted partition "install" and install continued. At about 13 minutes remaining computer hard reboots and partition "install" starts again. This keeps happening over and over and hard reboots at same 13 minute time remaining.
Also tried booting install with -v to see what is happening but when I do that install continues the same and graphically display comes up the same with progress to the same 13 minutes and hard reboot.

Help please

updated now have one pink screen and no sound.

installed evergreen, lilu, and checked CMS in bios still pink..

Last edited:
I have encountered the same issue with changing drive icons. Even after disabling Gatekeeper the only icon that accepts a change is the boot volume - no other drive. Oddly, if you boot from another drive, the icon reverts to the usual hd. Boot again from the ssd with the changed icon and it appears. I suspect the issue is related to the way Catalina creates a system volume and a data volume in the container, but don't know for sure. It's not a big deal, cosmetic only, but it would be great if someone figures this out and a workaround.

Here's a drive icon workaround. Boot your system from a Mojave drive and change the drive icons (both system and data) via the old method of copy and paste. Once done reboot your system back to Catalina and the icons will stick.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 1.14.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 1.14.20 PM.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 80
I had to update software to use my Logitech Unifying mouse in Catalina. Never had to do that in Mojave.
Was it a driver from Logitech that you installed? I'm not sure that there are Mac OS X drivers available for the Hcman keyboard.

Working perfect. Anyone have any idea why my card is shown as Radeon RX 470/570 4GB? I used to say AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 99
Back