Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Supplemental update installed - had to select 2 or 3 times the boot from install... option myself, but other than that, no problems.

Upgraded to 10.15.

Issues:
- Black screen after last boot. Solved by adding injection for AMD drivers (don't necessary before on 10.14)
- No sound on motherboard. Not solved. Have all new kext installed. Have HDMI sound - so, for now it's ok.
- Lost Intel bluetooth on motherboard. Not solved. On 10.14 I have run Win10 in Parallels once after each boot to initiate BT from motherboard. Now it doesn't help. Have all USB ports. BT is visible in sysinfo. Decided to by USB BT adapter.
- Google Chrome doesn't working anymore AFTER NEW UPDATE FOR 10.15 (near to 1 Gb download). Not solved. Crying. Any suggestions?

Upgraded Catalina from 19A583 to 19A602 - No issues so far.

Greetings

Henties

are you using dual monitor? when i connect both of my monitor, i cannot get past the grey screen, but when i disconnect one(my TV), it was fine, language choosing dialog showed up, and the installation work fine

Hey thanks for the reply, I only have one displayport monitor, so not sure about that.

The other odd thing is even with a fresh catalina install it presents a boot filevault from preboot option, even though I installed it on not-encrypted apfs

Supplemental update installed - had to select 2 or 3 times the boot from install... option myself, but other than that, no problems.
right, must be a clover issue (using 5096 version) i selected manually boot from install until it's removed from boot options and works.

Hey thanks for the reply, I only have one displayport monitor, so not sure about that.

The other odd thing is even with a fresh catalina install it presents a boot filevault from preboot option, even though I installed it on not-encrypted apfs

it happened to me too, only one monitor working, later to find out that none of the kexts were loaded, solved it by doing a restart

The update process was identical to a real Mac. Sidecar was even more easy to start than on a MacBook Pro.

IMG_0010.jpg

Last edited:
updating to Catalina I lost the version number on the about this Mac screen. It always displayed in parentheses next to OS version as I have always seen. Now its gone.Any ideas why. Its still shows in sys info so no big deal but I am curious as to why

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.51.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.51.29 AM.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 118
I updated AppleALC, Lilu etc and no sound
Asus z170a integrated sound
was working ok on Mojave

Is there a solution to this one yet?

Everything works fine after the direct update

Thanks

Back