Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Watch your machine on the first reboot. I now have to manually select “Install macOS from Preboot,” or it will automatically boot back into the old system without installing the update. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with you, but I amassed a few more grey hairs before figuring that out. That just started with Catalina, BTW. It always booted into the installer by itself with Sierra, HS and Mojave.

Thanks!! I finally got installed by tweaking my boot options, which I think is related to what you’re talking about. I changed my clover boot option for “Macintosh HD” to “LastBootedVolume”, and enabled SIP (changed 0x67 to 0x0). This time the supplemental update installed all by itself! I re-disabled SIP when I was done.

Thank you! Only issue now is that 10.15.1 Beta 1 is no longer showing up haha, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
Folks, for safety do not download any version of Clover except for tonymacx86 Clover builds or the original source file referenced in Feartech's link. As of now the current version is Clover_v2.5k_r5071. An update through Clover Configurator should be safe also.

Just updated Clover to 2.5k_r5096. The project has moved from Sourceforge to GitHub so the tools are not getting the latest versions anymore. You have to use the GitHub repo to download the latest release.

What about the Catalina supplemental update from today evening?

Just updated clover to 2.5k_r5096. The project has moved from sourceforge to GitHub so the tools are not getting the latest versions anymore. You have to use the GitHub repo to download the latest release.
Yep, I found that out yesterday and posted about it in the Bootloaders section here. Sourceforge route no longer works and the 5071 DL only contains a text file referencing the new Github location.

What about the Catalina supplemental update from today evening?
Upgraded just fine here. Took a wee bit longer than I though for a 1GB upgrade.

Anyone else not having the supplemental update show up?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.33.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.33.30 PM.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 101
Yes, updated too. Took nearly an hour. All fine now. Bild # 19A602

Mine updated just fine took only maybe 25 mins in total.

Back