Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

OK.. still nothing..in my tries things go like this:
I Have a two partitions SSD with 1st partition High-Sierra , 2nd partition for Catalina
1. Start the installation from USB on Catalina drive ( tried both clover k2.4 legacy, and k2.5 EFI )
2. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar OK
3. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 11 minutes remaining progress bar..it goes to 0 OK
4- Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina-Data drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar STUCK

I repeated step 4 many times but never gets to boot into system..

Same happen if I use a patcher tool and make the installer with that..I just gave it a shot..

What I tried:
boot flags : nv_disable=1, -disablefxfirmaware, -no_compac_check, slide=0 ( not sure I have to write the with or without comma in between)
kext : fakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, NullCPUPowerManagement in EFI partitions of the USB installer in both other and 10.15 folders ( haven't found L/E, where do I find it?? I already show hidden file and folders..)

Any other thing you see to try?? Can the GTX card being the cause of this??

Thanks for the help

Hi everybody. I've install Catalina from begin, formatting hard disk and I've seen that there are 2 partitions in the hd. One of the system and one for the datas. I had a problem to booting... After many tries I've understood that clover must to be install in the second partition (data) and the kexts in the first (ex: in S/L/E). I hope that with this post can i help someone. Bye

Hi everybody. I've install Catalina from begin, formatting hard disk and I've seen that there are 2 partitions in the hd. One of the system and one for the datas. I had a problem to booting... After many tries I've understood that clover must to be install in the second partition (data) and the kexts in the first (ex: in S/L/E). I hope that with this post can i help someone. Bye
Hi, did you install Catalina as the only OS on the drive?

New Catalina supplement update approx 1GB in size release, security and some bug fixes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 19.07.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 19.07.35.png
    698 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Trying to install the Supplemental Update (around 1GB for me) is causing an unending amount of frustration for me. The hack just reboots right back into Catalina without installing it. What am I missing? I’ve updated to the latest Clover build, and tried manually selecting “install macOS” from the boot loader menu.
I really want to update to 10.15.1 beta 1, and I had that downloaded but it’s the same problem - it just reboots without installing anything. Please help!!

stiligFox said:
Trying to install the Supplemental Update (around 1GB for me) is causing an unending amount of frustration for me. The hack just reboots right back into Catalina without installing it. What am I missing? I’ve updated to the latest Clover build, and tried manually selecting “install macOS” from the boot loader menu.
I really want to update to 10.15.1 beta 1, and I had that downloaded but it’s the same problem - it just reboots without installing anything. Please help!!

Watch your machine on the first reboot. I now have to manually select “Install macOS from Preboot,” or it will automatically boot back into the old system without installing the update. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with you, but I amassed a few more grey hairs before figuring that out. That just started with Catalina, BTW. It always booted into the installer by itself with Sierra, HS and Mojave.

Back