Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Using Clover 4920
Updated and loaded after 3 reboots. Looks great. BUT...
On initial boot up - no audio or WiFi.
MultiBeast 11.3.0 Mojave did not load changes. There was an error - installation failed.
If any one has suggestions, please yell out. I might have to attempt a clean install to see if there are any improvements.

It work fine, BT, too, like on Mojave :thumbup:
Well, Mojave works I know.I was hesitant about Catalina as few reported it does not work.

Well, I have succesfully updated from High Sierra to Catalina after fixing the apfs error. Things like sound and bluetooth did not work after the update. However, I have noticed another issue that looks a bit strange: The network services (like WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth,...) take a lot of time to load after each reboot, like a couple minutes or so. Has anyone had that problem? Or a fix for that?

My old Hack, a Gigibyte P35 with a Core2 Quad 8300, could not upgrade to Mojave because it apparently required SSE 4,2 and not just SSE 4,1. It would run with an old telemetry file, but never really tried it because Nvidia drivers for my Maxwell GTX 750 Ti weren't available. Is there any point in messing with this one? It says compatibility with 10.9 and up, but Mojave let me try and didn't tell me not to bother until it failed. I understand that Nvidia drivers are still an issue, but downloading anyway... (currently running 10.13.6).

I understand that Nvidia drivers are still an issue
Try a Dell 7010 or 9010 Optiplex if you want to run Mojave/Catalina. Your old C2Q P35 system with a 750 Ti will not work with those newer versions of macOS. There is a full written guide you can follow. The Dell PC can be found for less than 100 dollars. Install to an SSD and you've a fast fully functional hack with the latest OS.

Here's one with a Core i5-3570 for only $68 Add a GT 710 for graphics and another 4GBs of RAM, and you're set. An i5-3570 is going to outperform a C2Q CPU by a mile. It's about 4 years newer. Can easily handle Catalina.

If you want to game in Windows, use your 750 Ti in your Gigabyte system to play games.

Last edited:
I just did a fresh install macOS Catalina. Everything work as i expect.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 9.56.58 PM.png

Here's my EFI folder:

Attachments

• EFI-GA-Z390-Elite.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 114
Well, Mojave works, I know. I was hesitant about Catalina as few reported it does not work.
I didn't tell you, it works well on Mojave!!!!
It works just like on Mojave (that means I already have Catalina and the card works fine).

I have the same problem. Until now always updated directly via the AppStore/System Preferences Pane. Now no Install Disk is showing in Clover (updated to the latest version). Weird thing is: Not even Catalina USB stick is recognized.

I didn't have a problem with the USB stick. I used Clover 4961 from tonymac . My original try used Clover 5070 direct from Clover page.

I didn't have a problem with the USB stick. I used clover 4961 from tonymac . My original try used clover 5070 direct from Clover page
I'd try to use Clover 5070 but didn't work. The system stuck at the Clover boot screen. So, I downgraded Clover to version 4934.

Back