Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

New Issue with Catalina.
I use Logitech keyboard and mouse with Unifying wireless USB. All worked fine in Mojave. When I upgraded to Catalina, I lost the pointer on the mouse. Keyboard works fine, both are recognized. The scroll wheel and the two button I have set for back and forward pages in browser work but no ponderer mouse click. Pointer is frozen.
Currently resorting to a Bluetooth mouse.

New Issue with Catalina.
I use Logitech keyboard and mouse with Unifying wireless USB. All worked fine in Mojave. When I upgraded to Catalina, I lost the pointer on the mouse. Keyboard works fine, both are recognized. The scroll wheel and the two button I have set for back and forward pages in browser work but no ponderer mouse click. Pointer is frozen.
Currently resorting to a Bluetooth mouse.
I use Logitech keyboard with its mouse connected to a unifying receiver, and they both work with Catalina.

I use Logitech keyboard with its mouse connected to a unifying receiver, and they both work with Catalina.

I just tried a second different Logitech mouse and Identical problem

After several times finally updated to Catalina. But it comes with a big problem: WiFi is not working for this WIFI card AR9565. I Googeled for something helpful, but got no luck. :(
Apple dropped support for Atheros WiFi in Mojave. Try the Atheros40kext fix put it in clover/Kexts/Other folder.
There is also another Atheros kext out there.

Screenshot 2019-10-13 at 20.36.51.png

I also had to install AppleALC and Lilu with Hackintool for audio to work. Odd, they were there (correct versions in L/E, permissions fixed etc), Hackintool showed the right versions, yet re-installing them with it fixed the missing audio problem.

Could you tell me the steps to replace the IO80211Family.kext using Hackintool? Did you remove the original in /S/L/E, then replace it in /S/L/E or /L/E? Thank you!

Slam2019,

Follow the instructions in Step 7. How do I install kexts in /Library/Extensions? of Jaymonkey's post [GUIDE] Installing 3rd Party Kexts - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina linked below. You may need to edit your Config.plist to disable SIP. Copy the Mojave IO80211Family.kext (found in S/L/E of your Mojave drive) to your Catalina desktop and select it when requested by Hackintool. Hackintool will install it to your Catalina S/L/E even though the instructions are for L/E.

I hope this helps. It worked for me.

Tom

If anyone is using a Wacom tablet and are having trouble getting your tablet to work in Catalina here is a link with steps to get it working...

Back