Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

i see your audio icon is showing properly means your normal audio port is working. can you share how did you achieved it, if that's the case ?

Step work for me.

1. Make new install Catalina
2. Install Clover 4961
3. copy FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
4. Replase config.plist
5. cp *.kext files to L/E for AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext latest update
6. Run kextcache -i /
7. Reboot

I am not good at english.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 111
  • Kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4961-UEFI.pkg.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hello,

My installation failed, the computer is installing/booting in loop.
Is UniBeast also working for Catalina?

Install latest kext AppleALC 1.4.2 but audio still not work. Now I have using audio via my monitor.
Update: rebuild cache and repair permission, audio work fine now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 21.03.33.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 21.03.33.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I am troubled by one thing. I have direct upgraded flawlessly via the App store since Sierra. When I tried with Catalina, it downloaded and then launched. I started the upgrade, and, when it did, the first reboot Clover did not display the Install MacOS selection. I rebooted and repeated the steps, and the same thing occurred. I started from another drive. I checked to see if the Install folder was created, and it was there. Cloned the drive to a spare, and I tried using an external connection with the same results. Finally, successfully upgraded with USB installer without issue.

I want to understand what went wrong. What am I missing? I had upgraded all kexts and Clover prior to install. Did the Mojave 10.14.6 upgrade from App store two weeks prior without issue. Other people with same config as mine upgraded from App store without issue. What am I missing?

I've had to revert back to Mojave, since Catalina is so buggy on my system. The Trackpad and Keyboard both have huge lag times over the iMac Broadcom Bluetooth/WiFi controller. Also the system stops working every now and then, feels like a beta.

I have tried for direct upgrade from Mojave but after initial restart its stuck. attached the error screen and EFI on the HDD

Ihave enabled EC0 to EC in config.plst

AlsoI have tried fresh installation of Catalina from USB but getting CPU panic. Attached screen shot and USB clover EFI
I have enabled EC0 to EC in config.plst

HP LAPTOP - HP-15 DA0 Series
cpu - i5 8250u
Graphics - Intel UHD 620
GPU - NV GFORCE MX110 (ONLY 3D)

Please help

Update to latest Clover which was 5093 for me, and then it all worked. Mine was an update and not a fresh installation.

My support for NTFS is gone. Like I can read the drive but cannot write anything to it. Using fuse for macOS and ntfs-3g. Whats screwed up here ?

Step work for me.

1. Make new install Catalina
2. Install Clover 4961
3. copy FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
4. Replase config.plist
5. cp *.kext files to L/E for AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext latest update
6. Run kextcache -i /
7. Reboot

I am not good at english.
Thanks for attachment. Don’t you don’t need anything under ‘patched’ folder to ECO to EC?

Successfully updated,
However, I get small freezes every 4-5 seconds only when I open the App Store application.
And the About This Mac sections shows Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB 1536 MB as my graphic card and not UHD 630.
Anyone else having these problems?

Back