Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

You would need to remove the 1080 Ti and then use HD4600 gfx exclusively for Catalina to work. Stay with HS if you want to use your high end 1080 Ti with macOS.
I'm a turbo noob on this subject, I don't even know if I can use Mojave yet. So I guess I'll just wait until I can use Catalina properly.

Flawlessly upgrade from Mojave Nvidia 770 working out of the box, Audio and ethernet
View attachment 429087

Hey, I see you have it installed on an i7-860. Any tips for me, as I have the same processor? I'm stuck at Sierra, and haven't been to get anything past that going.

Updated to Catalina...so far everything seems to be working fine. However, I did notice I can't get video to work using the DisplayPort. Switching to HDMI works. I also still can't stream movies directly thru the movies app/itunes.
I'm using a RX580 video card.

Update is done. But I don’t have USB 3.0 and sound. The above are not helping. I still got problems. Anyone, could you post the kext files? I've got ASUS Prime Z370 PII + i5-8500 + AMD RX 580.

Anyone with onboard sound issues, install the latest Lilu and AppleALC. I updated the top post to reflect.

View attachment 429236
Lilu and AppleALC fixed the speakers sound, but my front panel headphone audio has distortion/crackling sound, do you have the same problem? Thanks!

10.15.1 is to support Navi cards.

Back