Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

My RX580 temperate is very high, can you check if this is normal?

rxtemp.png

Mine is reporting similar temps and the iStat graph shows it has been for the past 30 days, so seems normal.
Should note that this is Fahrenheit.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.32.43 AM.png

Anyone got it working with FileVault enabled? I had FileVault enabled on Mojave, installation completed but after that it stopped showing the disk in Clover only Preboot and Recovery. If I select Preboot, it gets stuck at the Apple Logo without any indicator. Tried with -v as well, just get a blinking cursor along with Apple Logo. If I go into recovery and decrypt the drive, everything works.

I have the r5070 in Clover and updated drivers in the drivers/UEFI folder and kexts. Any ideas? Thanks!

Can confirm, that Filevault is working, but booting up takes time... look at post #280

Greetz Stinger

Can confirm, that Filevault is working, but booting up takes time... look at post #280

Greetz Stinger

Hi, I tried multiple times waiting anywhere from 30 mins to a couple of hours. It just kept showing the Apple logo. -v flag made no difference. Saw your post #280 yesterday and tried the same kexts/efi as yours (I used to have FakeSMC with Mojave). Even tried EC0, SSDT-EC options. None of these options worked.

Finally, gave OpenCore a try, see #477. Was able to get in. OC seems a lot faster than Clover. The FileVault UI still needs work but I'm not complaining :).

After upgrading fully working system from Mojave, Audio is not working (HDMI audio is on monitor thou), mounting EFI and re-applying the saved config from Multibeast Version 11.3.0-4 has no effect. Ethernet, Wifi, bluetooth, sensors all good to go, just no Audio, BUT there has been a return to a KP from waking from sleep. So I disabled sleep again...

SOLVED (update on wake from sleep below)
Using Clover Configurator https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/ to mount EFI

I then downloaded the latest kexts

And copied the lastest versions both into /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions
overwriting older versions

Then I ran the following commands in the Terminal
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /

Restarted and all good
Thank you to several members of the Tonymac community for many suggestions!
OC

Update
Wake from sleep is not working atm :(

Last edited:
I had a fresh install of Mojave the other day with my new Vega 56 and today I tried catalina but failed, got stuck at the second apple progress bar :( Now I realize that a new volume of -1MB appeared after the failed installation (see photo).

Screenshot 2019-10-10 17.54.36.jpg

How can I remove it? Apparently I cannot mount/unmount it. Best regard

SUCCESSSSSSSS!!!!
Ok finally got my system (Z370 MSI, 8700k, Vega 64, DW1560 [WIFI+BT], iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS) running perfectly with Catalina. I had to update clover to the latest version, update all the clover drivers like aptiomemoryfix.efi which I was having issues with especially iMessage, Facetime, and AppStore not working because of this. Also, all kexts (WEgreen, Lilu, AppleALC, intelMausi, etc) including switching to BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext by acidanthera since Rehabmans version gave me issues. I have my own USBKext so didn't need to touch that. Before all the updated kexts and drivers, I was having issues with installation and post installation. I recommend to update EVERYTHING as much as possible prior to updating MacOS to avoid these issues.

Last edited:
Update went smoothly. I had to change display port on video card as I have three monitors. On start up the annoying bars are gone that showed up on Mojave. The lack of 32 bit programs will require some work to find good replacements. Tonymac has always been a great resource. Thanks!

View attachment 429676
maltux1963, what version Clover are you running and what Kexts do you have? I have a similar setup and can only boot using my old clover from USB drive.

maltux1963, what version Clover are you running and what Kexts do you have? I have a similar setup and can only boot using my old clover from USB drive.

Clover Global Edition Version 5.6.1.0
used KextBeast to install AppleALC, Lilu and Whatevergreen.
Display port did not work until install completed.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back