Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Smooth update with USB patch.

can i get rid of this file by using a specific clover patch?

If your EC is named EC0 you can use the 'change EC0 to EC' patch instead of SSDT-EC.aml.
If you don't have an EC then the SSDT adds one for you.

Last edited:
Update went smooth like a real Mac! :) But i had to use SSDT-EC in ACPI/patched. What is this file doing and can i get rid of this file by using a specific clover patch?

Where can I download copy of SSDT-EC? My installation KP with a no-entry sign using USB installer.

First Attempt:
Failed because I got a little anxious and didn't install updated kext/clover. My bad... It was late at night and I got too excited :)

Second Attempt:
Restored from backup
Updated Clover/Kexts
Updated to latest 10.14 update first (i was one update behind)
Updated to Catalina, two reboots, no issues at all.

Since clover didn't work, I tried OpenCore (OC). Found a working EFI @ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...derbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-517. The EFI is for z390 Designare but I compared Clover config to OC config and got it to work.

You cannot copy Clover config as is. There are differences.
Also, the newer version of OC didn't work so I reverted back to the version in zip.
Thanks for the info ! I'm scheduling the upgrade for Friday afternoon, will report back how it goes

You need this patch :

Thanks very much.After patch my installation went smoothly.

Update went smoothly. I had to change display port on video card as I have three monitors. On start up the annoying bars are gone that showed up on Mojave. The lack of 32 bit programs will require some work to find good replacements. Tonymac has always been a great resource. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.09.55 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 12.55.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 12.55.22 AM.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Back