Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

View attachment 429448
Everything went quick smooth (the update is done) but now I cannot go pass this loading screen and my computer keeps rebooting. It seems impossible to boot into recovery as well. Anyone has the same problem and is it still possible to fix it?
Do you have more than one prebooter option? Im assume you tried them all?

View attachment 429448
Everything went quick smooth (the update is done) but now I cannot go pass this loading screen and my computer keeps rebooting. It seems impossible to boot into recovery as well. Anyone has the same problem and is it still possible to fix it?
same on my Hack. -v doesn't work because it's to fast to read. When it stops writing it immediately reboot

Updated to Catalina flawless. One thing to mention is, that after Catalina install process has finished my touchpad and touchscreen was not working. It took one additional reboot and everything is working smooth now.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-09 um 19.16.39.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-09 um 19.16.39.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 82
Experiencing steppy blur effect & drop hadow everywhere in UI..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.56.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.56.11 PM.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.01.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.01.42 PM.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 136
All went well.

Did you just run the update straight from the Apple download, or did you have to do anything different to make it update? I have the same motherboard and processor so am very curious how you went about doing this. Thanks for any clues you can provide!

went just fine, the hardest part was upgrading clover 2.4 to 2.5, the drivers location has changed from drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI ... the installer copies over what you have but it turns out my ApfsDriverLoader.efi isn't working with r2.5, can't boot at all.

i opened the installation package on another mac, extracted the driver files and copied them to my rescue USB disc and put them on my EFI partition, all good again

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.38.03 AM.png

Just an FYI
I added a SSD 500GB to my Mojave Hack:

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra
MSI Radeon RX 570
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB

This system has latest version of Mojave and works perfect.
Updated to latest version of Clover
Updated whatevergreen, lilu and AppleALC kexts
Erased and Installed Catalina new SSD and everything works perfect including sleep.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.38.43 AM.png

From my point of view it was the clover kext not being used and old ones in the /Library/Extensions.

What you can try is :
- download the last lilu, AppleAlc, WhateverGreen, etc from the kexts section ;
- mount the / as rw ( sudo mount -uw / ) ;
- saving the actual /Library/Extensions content at this point should be a good idea ;
- after unzipping the downloaded archives, copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ ;
- then reboot (at your own risks).

Don't know if the kext cache need to be refresh...

I've messed up by deleting the old kexts (including the FakeSMC, you don't want to do that, I assure you) but was able to repair the system as the recovery mode provide access to the disks in the terminal app (I have no encryption enabled). I then just copied the kexts in the /Volumes/[YOUR_OS_ROOT_DRIVE]/Library/Extensions/ (with a cp -r ).

It's not a clean solution.

Hope that helps.

My install went fine and sound worked ok. A few restarts later sound stopped. This fixed it. Thank you!

Back