Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

This fixed my Apple Logo stuck load bar. Update went fine after putting SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 212
Well, "old faithful", the Z68, comes through for me again. So far, all working. The only (very) minor issue was that during the upgrade process, Clover wanted to boot from the FileVault Prebooter, not the Install Preboot. But a manual override via the arrow keys sorted that.

Even the JPEG preview issue is gone!!!!

Great!!!

Not a single problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.45.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.45.58 PM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 130
View attachment 429242
Went quite good. I had to add -no_compat_check in Clover and SSDT-EC.aml because my boot process stuck at "apfs_module_start:1683". Patched the Install macOS Catalina app with this guide. Maybe this helps someone.
simon1337 do I understand correctly that you have successfully installed Catalina on an "unsupported" MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS? If so, that is very good to hear. I just this morning posted this very question here "Catalina compatibility...Old guard?" . I wonder if you would consider going to that link and adding a little more detail regarding precisely how you accomplished this? I would appreciate anything you might want share on how you accomplished the install at the link.

Last edited:
Went smooth. Everything working well. Upgraded from Mojave.

I was using macOS Catalina GM without any problems with my setup, but after trying a new install with macOS Catalina Final Version, when i reach the setup screen my main screen keeps on flickering. Should i update any kexts for my Radeon VII?

Does someone have the same problem?

This fixed my Apple Logo stuck load bar. Update went fine after putting SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched
IT DID THE TRICK!!!
Do you maybe have an idea on how to change the Smbios to iMac, every time i do this i get black boot screens. Thanks a lot again!!!
Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-08 um 19.04.23.png

you guys with the ASUS boards, you definitely enabled -disablegfxfirmware, and put the WE/Lilu kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, right? (and maybe -lilubetaall, but that's only something I saw, didn't help me in the end) sorry I don't have the stamina to read the whole thread, and my answers are uncontrollably wordy even when I want to say something simple... hope you guys manage to get it working soon
I tried that but the boot process is stuck at "apfs_module_start:1683"
I'm giving up for now..

Back