Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

The update went fine for me but I lost sound which appears to be fairly common.
Resolved by downloading the latest ALC and Lilu kexts from ‘Downloads > Kexts’ and placing them on the desktop. Then I installed them using Kextbeast which you can get from ‘Downloads>tonymac downloads’. This resolved the issue for me and may work for you.
For info, I use onboard sound connected to external speakers so it may require additional work for those using sound from their monitor.

That didn't work for me, still no audio.

Yes i am stuck with the progress bar after reboot too. I think the problem is only for Asus boards but i can't find a solution yet.
Try adding to clover boot options -disablegfxfirmware
I have also encountered that issue; after adding that option the screen was purple, but I fixed everything by using the newest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts.
My mistake... I didn't update them before moving to Catalina :D

Sadly, it seems WE can't use kext utility as we can't write in library\extensions ?

I just updated Clover from 2.4 to 2.5 (5070). Thought it might help for the update later. Now I can't boot - wtf? I've got a black screen after the clover boot screen appears. Anyone got a solution?

I am getting stuck at ''SATA Warning Enable Drive PHY PM Failed''. Any idea how to fix this?

I have tried the direct upgrade.

System: Asus P9X79 Pro - i7-3930K

Thanks for any help

Anyone with a Realtek usb stick ?

Smooth update, audio (ALC1150), video (Radeon RX580), USB, etc. works like a charm.
Just the clover issue when the system reboot for second time, choose a wrong partition.

Recomendation: logout, remove the device and login again into iCloud.

I just updated Clover from 2.4 to 2.5 (5070). Thought it might help for the update later. Now I can't boot - wtf? I've got a black screen after the clover boot screen appears. Anyone got a solution?

Clover has moved some folders around. See this post.

Anyone else get this message?
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 10.25.05 AM.png

Edit for update: I guess this is related to my unsupported SMBIOS. I booted with a newer SMBIOS and was immediately able to download the installer. Still trying to figure what next to do to resolve before installing.

Last edited:
Back