Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Like a breeze
Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.57.28.png

Last edited:
I had the no entry sign upon the first reboot, the error behind it was “error loading kernel cache 0xe” - I saw that this may be related to the FakeSMCGPUSensor things, so I removed the sensor kexts, ran kernelcache from a backup OS (I strongly recommend anyone who is any less than 100% confident has a bootable backup OS on hand), and - bam!

Beforehand I made sure I had WhateverGreen and Lilu in the CLOVER/kexts/other folder so I had graphics during the install. Also, make sure you select the MacOS installer in Clover at every reboot, because Clover got the choice wrong (this is with build 5070 of Clover) - which is surprising because it has never gotten it wrong in the past for me.

wow, looks like it just finished as I was writing. nailbitingly long first boot.... (I considered whilst I was waiting for this that I have definitely spent more waking time staring at progress bars than I have absolutely anything else in my life... which makes me want to reconsider everything)

well it looks like it has booted into the system, but the initial setup assistant seems borked - first it was asking for my admin authorisation for ‘UpdateSystemLanguages”, with a spinning gear behind it EXCEPT - it wouldn’t let me select the password box to type in it. it kept stealing the focus for something else not visible. eventually I hit Esc to escape the nightmare (replugging the USB keyboard didn’t help), then I just had the spinning gear for about 5 minutes... then BOOM!, the login screen. Seems OK :D

make sure you have lots of patience - many times when it seemed hopeless and that it had hung, turns out it was just taking its sweet time. Seems a lot less polished compared to previous installs, but hey, this is a hackintosh here.

done, thanks for kext updater!
Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 15.04.51.png

So... where are we at with Rx 5700XT support in MacOS?
Lol, you know when you think about it, it's crazy to think it's been almost a whole year waiting for the green light to use a next-gen GPU in MacOS.

Yes i am stuck with the progress bar after reboot too. I think the problem is only for Asus boards but i can't find a solution yet.

:(

finally upgraded :)
but, no more wifi ...
any idea about my wifi problem I use this under mojave and it worked great (with RTLwlanu 1830 10.9 drivers) but the kexts aren't compatible, can't installed them ...
any ideas ?

Last edited:
Back