Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

successfully Installed on h55m-s2h, it did reboot once (error I guess) but 2nd attempt went smoothly.

3575ECAD-BFDC-46D0-A695-72C79C21F76F.jpeg

Facing the same issue

From my point of view it was the clover kext not being used and old ones in the /Library/Extensions.

What you can try is :
- download the last lilu, AppleAlc, WhateverGreen, etc from the kexts section ;
- mount the / as rw ( sudo mount -uw / ) ;
- saving the actual /Library/Extensions content at this point should be a good idea ;
- after unzipping the downloaded archives, copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ ;
- then reboot (at your own risks).

Don't know if the kext cache need to be refresh...

I've messed up by deleting the old kexts (including the FakeSMC, you don't want to do that, I assure you) but was able to repair the system as the recovery mode provide access to the disks in the terminal app (I have no encryption enabled). I then just copied the kexts in the /Volumes/[YOUR_OS_ROOT_DRIVE]/Library/Extensions/ (with a cp -r ).

It's not a clean solution.

Hope that helps.

No issues upgrading from Catalina GM. Using Clover 5070.

Updated my Lenovo Thinkcentre M93
Updated my Lenovo Thinkcentre M93, I just let the process do its thing and walked away. After the process is complete I am also experiencing hard freezes when I open the App Store. As long as I don't touch the App Store, everything seems stable for the couple hours I used it.

Seems to be fixed now. I used hackintool to update to the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and whatevergreen. No more freezes with the App Store.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 14.42.20.png

update from 14.0.
update : AppleALC, Lilu, and whatevergreen

From my point of view it was the clover kext not being used and old ones in the /Library/Extensions.

What you can try is :
- download the last lilu, AppleAlc, WhateverGreen, etc from the kexts section ;
- mount the / as rw ( sudo mount -uw / ) ;
- saving the actual /Library/Extensions content at this point should be a good idea ;
- after unzipping the downloaded archives, copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ ;
- then reboot (at your own risks).

Don't know if the kext cache need to be refresh...

I've messed up by deleting the old kexts (including the FakeSMC, you don't want to do that, I assure you) but was able to repair the system as the recovery mode provide access to the disks in the terminal app (I have no encryption enabled). I then just copied the kexts in the /Volumes/[YOUR_OS_ROOT_DRIVE]/Library/Extensions/ (with a cp -r ).

It's not a clean solution.

Hope that helps.

thanks I will give it a try

UPDATE: It did the trick ... many thanks

Last edited:
Photolibrary process eating up all CPU time in the 'Setting up your MAC' window when losing in after the upgrade process. Its been in there for more then an hr now

Update successful every thing working but wireless Logitech keyborad and MX Master 2S are not, even with Logitech Options update

Back