Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Just upgraded, mostly without issue, however the App Store is back to its behaviour of freezing after a few seconds. I've confirmed I've got the most updated whatevergreen & Liu kext (to my knowledge) but it still breaks. I've also confirmed that video in the new "TV" section does not work. I would love some insight on how to address this, or if anyone else has had the same issue.

Steps to resolve so far:

removed App Store cache and restarted
updated Lilu & Whatever green
updated Clover to 5070
Confirmed other video works on YouTube, etc.

Same issue here, whole system freezing and I have to power cycle.

I've followed the same steps as you, but no joy...

Upgraded successfully to Catalina from Mojave in my Asus B250 Prime Plus.
Only sound (ALC-887) doesn't work, also after I updated AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen.
Do you have some suggestions?

Did you do an OTA update via app store? No multibeast or anything?
I just updated through System Preferences > Software Update. I don't even remember when was the last time I used MultiBeast.

Updated my Lenovo Thinkcentre M93, I just let the process do its thing and walked away. After the process is complete I am also experiencing hard freezes when I open the App Store. As long as I don't touch the App Store, everything seems stable for the couple hours I used it.

Anyone else having this error while downloading the upgrade from Settings?:
An error occurred while running scripts from the package “RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg”.

I have this problem too. I've not managed to find a workaround yet. Have you had any luck>

How long did you wait? My installation was stuck on "Estimating time remaining..." for about a half hour with no progress made, so I just reverted back.

Simply wait. If you notice you'll have hard drive activity. Be patient - let the install complete its process.

Back