Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

I've been using an ASUS Essence for a few months, but I can confirm that my update Did lose the built in audio card.
Are you using your Xonar Essence under Catalina? How did you get this working?

1.png

update went smoothly in 30m clover 5070, maximum whatevergreen + lilu

Having a heck of a time - trying to update my hackintosh. It restarts, and boots to the update partition, but then the Apple logo just sits there and the progress bar just creeps along impossibly slowly until it’s full and never gets past that. I’ve update Clover and all of the kexts... no idea what’s wrong!

EDIT: it’s an issue with apfs_mobile_start. It gets stuck there. Any tips?

Attachments

• DCA9596F-47E0-4C44-A1E4-61E3D3422A25.jpeg
    DCA9596F-47E0-4C44-A1E4-61E3D3422A25.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
No issues upgrading from Mojave to Catalina. However, my Logitech receiver isn't working.

Been stuck at this screen for hours, clover is the latest v5070

IMG_0464.jpg

just updated one of my boxes downloading on the other machine slowly. honestly anyone wanting to run a hackintosh Gigabyte boards are definitely the way to go..by far the easiest of all manufacturers ive had when it comes to installing and updating.

Last edited:
I upgraded clover to 5070, than upgraded the OS to Catilina.

No issues, ran smooth, despite having intel HD 630 graphics.

I wonder what the flag does?

> Intel HD 630 graphics may need to add -disablegfxfirmware at Clover boot screen

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 7.58.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Actually you should try to change partitions not perditions. Not much you can do if you're in a state of perdition.

Seeing the Z68 system in your post. Any chance you've tried Catalina with that system?

CABD5242-B0B0-4F8B-8072-E2F277977F4D.jpeg

Any idea how to fix this. latest clover, lilu and wg. i can boot normally to mojave, but installing catalina is so far not been successful. tried 5 times already.

Back