Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Successfully updated. USB3, Audio, Video, Ethernet, Wifi, iMessage, AirDrop is working! I had to change the last boot option on Clover to boot from my macOS partition. I also updated Clover and kexts with Kext Updater and made a Time Machine backup before updating. Other than that, updated like a real Mac.

Ever since i changed from GTX 960 to RX 580 (in order to run Mojave) and took my time and made a custom DSDT for USB3, i've been updating my Hackintosh without any issues since first or second release of the Mojave. Before it, i mostly run into the problems with Ethernet, Audio and USB3. First two wasn't a big problem to fix, but USB3 bugged me a lot. Now it's just a breeze.

Last edited:
How long did you wait? My installation was stuck on "Estimating time remaining..." for about a half hour with no progress made, so I just reverted back.
I was actually watching a TV show on the laptop while i was updating my Hackintosh, but it sure wasn't stuck for half an hour. I just glanced at the screen and i saw that it doesn't show how much time it was remaining, i thought that it's odd, but then in around 5 minutes it restarted, after that it showed that around 12 minutes remaining and then it successfully booted. I don't know how long it was stuck with no time remaining, but not for 30 minutes for sure.

Catalina put all the system folders in read-only, in try to change perditions without success.
Actually you should try to change partitions not perditions. Not much you can do if you're in a state of perdition.

Had to upgrade to the latest Clover - but no issues otherwise - do we still need to use -lilubetaall for the whatevergreen/lilu kexts?

Back