Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

How would i know if Catalina should work with my hardware?

GA-Z170X-UD3 | i5 6600K
Your hardware is fully compatible. If you've got a relatively new Polaris AMD RX580 the rest has to be really old, circa 2009 or older not to be. Basically if it can run Mojave it can run Catalina. Even older 2012 MBPs, Mac Minis and iMacs can run Catalina. Some of those have Nvidia graphics cards 6-7 years old.

Everything is working except for audio ALC1150 anyone know how to get it working

Can somebody let me know whats wrong with my upgrade

You need this patch :

all good up until here:
Screenshot 2019-10-07 20.31.04.png

I've got an ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mk 1, gtx 650 GPU

Flawlessly upgrade from Mojave Nvidia 770 working out of the box, Audio and ethernet
IMG-20191007-WA0012.jpeg

You need this patch :

If you don't mind me asking, how do I add this in clover shell.
Also I did not upgrade my bios and my hackintosh was working until a few hours ago. So shouldn't be the patch already installed in my machine?

View attachment 429077

I am stuck at the apple logo after the first restart.
Can somebody let me know whats wrong with my upgrade. Installed new clover version and trying to upgrade.
What's strange is that it says failed to load "lilu & whatevergreen" kexts. But I checked in the clover shell in my EFI folder, all the kexts are there. I thought they were missing because of new clover so thought of copying it from EFI-Backups folder of previous clover install.

Add -lilubetaall to your boot flag arguments and try again.

Back