macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Motherboard
x99-UD4
CPU
Graphics
RX580 8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
I just updated through System Preferences > Software Update. I don't even remember when was the last time i used MultiBeast.
Hey Kittciokas,

It seems we have the same setup, x99-UD4, i7-5820K, RX580... I was wondering if you could share your EFI folder since I seem to have problems to run Catalina 100%

Thanks man

Motherboard
Asrock B360m Fatal1ty
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
Asus dual RX580
Mobile Phone
Other
From my point of view it was the clover kext not being used and old ones in the /Library/Extensions.

What you can try is :
- download the last lilu, AppleAlc, WhateverGreen, etc from the kexts section ;
- mount the / as rw ( sudo mount -uw / ) ;
- saving the actual /Library/Extensions content at this point should be a good idea ;
- after unzipping the downloaded archives, copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ ;
- then reboot (at your own risks).

Don't know if the kext cache need to be refresh...

I've messed up by deleting the old kexts (including the FakeSMC, you don't want to do that, I assure you) but was able to repair the system as the recovery mode provide access to the disks in the terminal app (I have no encryption enabled). I then just copied the kexts in the /Volumes/[YOUR_OS_ROOT_DRIVE]/Library/Extensions/ (with a cp -r ).

It's not a clean solution.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!! It worked for me! =D

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD-630
It was a struggle with freezing update installation attempts from Mojave but I started to dig deeper using verbose boot (-v boot arg in clover config) & googling a lot. Finally 10.15.2 Catalina is here. In my case the only working solution I found was to add SSDT-EC.aml into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (Even if I there is already another SSDT-USB.aml from Patrychef in there - thank you for the SSDT-USB & guides here). SSDT EC0 to EC patch and others did not work for me.

Attachments

Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
why there are no official tools for Catalina such as unibeast? and multibeast?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
why there are no official tools for Catalina such as unibeast? and multibeast?
UniBeast and MultiBeast have been held up due to some health issues I have been having. I had successful surgery 3 weeks ago so I'm doing much better now.

I hope to have UniBeast ready in the near future.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey all,

I notice that system compatibility is getting close to deprecation for my current system definition (iMac late 2013). Is there a way to 'safely' update the system definition to a newer model?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey all,

I notice that system compatibility is getting close to deprecation for my current system definition (iMac late 2013). Is there a way to 'safely' update the system definition to a newer model?
If you're using iMac 14,2 right now stay with it until at least early June 2020 at WWDC. Then we'll know for sure whether Apple will keep supporting it with macOS 10.16. There's a chance they might keep supporting Haswell systems like the 2013 iMac. If you want to upgrade your GPU before then get an RX 560 or 570. Those will have continued support. The older Nvidia cards like your 640 won't. Once you have AMD graphics then you can use a newer SMBIOS like iMac 15,1 for the 2014 5K iMac.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
HP-AB030TX
CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
HD5500
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Success here for clean install on Z77 DS3H Rev 1.0 - Intel i3 - GT 640

Started from Mojave. Installation process :

1. Create an install USB key
2. Install Clover 5070 on this USB key (send me message for what to check if needed).
3. Place FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen (last version !) on EFI Clover Kext Other
4. Very important : Rename H_EC to EC (follow this guide : https://floppyblog.com/guide-how-to-update-your-hackintosh-macos-mojave-to-catalina/) or directly for this board apply the patch with clover configurator or hackintool
5. Reboot on USB key
6. Launch the installation (note that if you don't apply H_EC to EC patch, you will have black screen)
7. Once Catalina is installed (launched with USB key), install clover 5070 on Catalina partition (but I have an error that clover is incompatible with this version of OS ?!)
8. So open EFI partition with clover configurator and paste the EFI folder of your USB install key (copied before from the USB install key)
9. Reboot on hard drive (Catalina partition) and you're done !! Absolutely all is working !

Hope this help ;-)
The Floppyblog link has been updated to Kextcache,