HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is this happening on your Thinkpad or a desktop PC ?

Thinkpad. I reverted to the Dids release which r5093 it worked fine.

Motherboard
GA-H110M-A
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Upgrade from 10.14.4 was smooth on the desktop system listed in my profile (after updating clover and kexts of course). Hopefully I didn't bite too soon, haha! I typically wait a few more versions for stability, but I can now be a bit more daring with this system since it is no longer my primary for daily work.

Motherboard
GA-a320m S2H
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600 af
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Updated to Catalina from Mojave with disappointing results. Install broke more than I expected — things that have worked since El Capitan:

Audio — fixed with updated kexts and permissions

Sleep/Wake — system wakes, but no mouse/keyboard after wake; disabled sleep

Purple lines went away (RX 470)…I suppose that’s something

Worse, Catalina itself seems to have broken things that used to work fine:

Time Machine lost its entire backup history (and again following 10.15.0 Update) — no idea if it’s recoverable

iTunes/whatever no longer finds music files on network drives (finds the server, sees the albums, but “No Items”, spinning wheel of death, force quit)

DVDPlayer crashes on start (same with Mojave)

I had hoped the 10.15.0 Update would address these, but it hasn’t. Otherwise, I suppose the update went OK....

— Doug
Hi. What version of clover do you have installed? What does your graphics card system throw, does AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb still say or has 470/570 added to it? Ask all this because I have an RX 470 that shows me gradients and shadows with defects. In Mojave this does not happen.

Motherboard
GA Z370N WiFi
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
ntfs read write support for catalina ? i am only able to read the files but write is not permitted. using fuse for macOS and ntfs-g3

I think if you have installed windows 10 or 7 on your computer, even without bootcamp, you can force install the bootcamp control panel on the Windows' side, subsequently it should allow you to read and write NTFS on the Mac side. I tried this quite some time ago for fun, all I can remember is that it slowed my Windows side down considerably, and it caused Windows to crash from time to time. But the Hackintosh side worked well. Although I can't remember what happened after uninstalling the bootcamp control panel. You may want to do some research along these lines.

Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z270-F
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
update went smoothly

Hi may I know if you update directly from App Store? I mean when you were in macOS mojave, did you download the catalina and then install it without having flash drive?

I am trying that way but when it boots there is an apple logo and progress bar which will gonna be stuck in like 5% progress only.

Am I doing it correctly?

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-PRO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Upgraded to 10.15.

Issues:
- Black screen after last boot. Solved by adding injection for AMD drivers (don't necessary before on 10.14)
- No sound on motherboard. Not solved. Have all new kext installed. Have HDMI sound - so, for now it's ok.
- Lost Intel bluetooth on motherboard. Not solved. On 10.14 I have run Win10 in Parallels once after each boot to initiate BT from motherboard. Now it doesn't help. Have all USB ports. BT is visible in sysinfo. Decided to by USB BT adapter.
- Google Chrome doesn't working anymore AFTER NEW UPDATE FOR 10.15 (near to 1 Gb download). Not solved. Crying. Any suggestions?
PLEASE, HOW DO YOU INJECT THE CONTROLLERS FOR AMD?

Motherboard
Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
intel graphic HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I got hang on apft_module_start when upgrade :(

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 470
Hi. What version of clover do you have installed? What does your graphics card system throw, does AMD Radeon RX 470 4gb still say or has 470/570 added to it? Ask all this because I have an RX 470 that shows me gradients and shadows with defects. In Mojave this does not happen.
Clover v5070 -- same as with Mojave pre-update. I tried to change as little as possible.

Graphics shows "Radeon RX 470/570 4 GB", although I am not noticing defects (maybe text isn't so sharp as it was)?

Sleep/wake and shutdown problems persist with USB keyboard/mouse. I use a KVM switch -- will pull that to see if things change.

Time Machine problem appears to be happening on real Macs too.

iTunes/Music issue involves adding server files to library -- didn't care before. Still buggy -- beachball.

Motherboard
Asus Z390 Prime-A
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900k Coffee Lake
Graphics
Radeo VII 16GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Upgraded to 10.15.

Issues:
- Black screen after last boot. Solved by adding injection for AMD drivers (don't necessary before on 10.14)
- No sound on motherboard. Not solved. Have all new kext installed. Have HDMI sound - so, for now it's ok.
- Lost Intel bluetooth on motherboard. Not solved. On 10.14 I have run Win10 in Parallels once after each boot to initiate BT from motherboard. Now it doesn't help. Have all USB ports. BT is visible in sysinfo. Decided to by USB BT adapter.
- Google Chrome doesn't working anymore AFTER NEW UPDATE FOR 10.15 (near to 1 Gb download). Not solved. Crying. Any suggestions?
Can you send your EFI folder, because I want to see how you made the injection for AMD drivers. I got black screen after the last Catalina update. My Graphic Card is a RADEON VII

Last edited: