CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Had to do a complete fresh install, was stuck in an endless loop. All good now though. Had slight issues with booting as the new clover folder arrangement stumped me for a bit.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5570
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620 +R7 530
Mobile Phone
iOS
i see your audio icon is showing properly means your normal audio port is working. can you share how did you achieved it, if that's the case ?
Step work for me.

1. Make new install Catalina
2. Install Clover 4961
3. copy FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
4. Replase config.plist
5. cp *.kext files to L/E for AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext latest update
6. Run kextcache -i /
7. Reboot

I am not good at english.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime B250-Plus
CPU
i5-7000
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello,

My installation failed, the computer is installing/booting in loop.
Is UniBeast also working for Catalina?

Motherboard
GA H170 Gaming 3
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Install latest kext AppleALC 1.4.2 but audio still not work. Now I have using audio via my monitor.
Update: rebuild cache and repair permission, audio work fine now

Attachments

Last edited:

LSP

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 th
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am troubled by one thing. I have direct upgraded flawlessly via the App store since Sierra. When I tried with Catalina, it downloaded and then launched. I started the upgrade, and, when it did, the first reboot Clover did not display the Install MacOS selection. I rebooted and repeated the steps, and the same thing occurred. I started from another drive. I checked to see if the Install folder was created, and it was there. Cloned the drive to a spare, and I tried using an external connection with the same results. Finally, successfully upgraded with USB installer without issue.

I want to understand what went wrong. What am I missing? I had upgraded all kexts and Clover prior to install. Did the Mojave 10.14.6 upgrade from App store two weeks prior without issue. Other people with same config as mine upgraded from App store without issue. What am I missing?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77 DS3H
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
iOS
Success here for clean install on Z77 DS3H Rev 1.0 - Intel i3 - GT 640

Started from Mojave. Installation process :

1. Create an install USB key
2. Install Clover 5070 on this USB key (send me message for what to check if needed).
3. Place FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen (last version !) on EFI Clover Kext Other
4. Very important : Rename H_EC to EC (follow this guide : https://floppyblog.com/guide-how-to-update-your-hackintosh-macos-mojave-to-catalina/) or directly for this board apply the patch with clover configurator or hackintool
5. Reboot on USB key
6. Launch the installation (note that if you don't apply H_EC to EC patch, you will have black screen)
7. Once Catalina is installed (launched with USB key), install clover 5070 on Catalina partition (but I have an error that clover is incompatible with this version of OS ?!)
8. So open EFI partition with clover configurator and paste the EFI folder of your USB install key (copied before from the USB install key)
9. Reboot on hard drive (Catalina partition) and you're done !! Absolutely all is working !

Hope this help ;-)
I forgot for the ethernet : place AtherosL1cEthernet.kext (not the Sierra version because it bugs on local transfer) in Library / Extension (not S / L / E)

Motherboard
Asus Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've had to revert back to Mojave, since Catalina is so buggy on my system. The Trackpad and Keyboard both have huge lag times over the iMac Broadcom Bluetooth/WiFi controller. Also the system stops working every now and then, feels like a beta.

Motherboard
msi h110m
CPU
i3 7100
Graphics
intel
Installed Catalina on a partitioned hard drive running High Sierra with no issues. It took 30 minutes tops. Installed on my desktop MSI Kaby Lake motherboard, i3-7100, sound, Internet, graphics...everything works fine.
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 08.40.56.png

Motherboard
ASUS Z390 ROG Maximus Hero XI (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
No Ethernet for me. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, ALC, and FakeSMC. Applied patches. Tried reinstalling IntelMausiEthernet.

This problem was fixed after updating from Clover 4934 to 4961. Ethernet works just fine now.

CPU
i5-7200
Graphics
GTX 940MX
I have tried for direct upgrade from Mojave but after initial restart its stuck. attached the error screen and EFI on the HDD

Ihave enabled EC0 to EC in config.plst

AlsoI have tried fresh installation of Catalina from USB but getting CPU panic. Attached screen shot and USB clover EFI
I have enabled EC0 to EC in config.plst

HP LAPTOP - HP-15 DA0 Series
cpu - i5 8250u
Graphics - Intel UHD 620
GPU - NV GFORCE MX110 (ONLY 3D)

Please help

Update to latest Clover which was 5093 for me, and then it all worked. Mine was an update and not a fresh installation.