Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Z10PE-D16 WS
tried updating to Catalina from latest Mojave using Clover 5070, but started boot loops thereafter on clover boot menu and getting restarted again & again, again & again heeelp!

Hi

I have to drop a note. I had this issues updating on my Mac Mini. I come to know that download macOS Catalina tend to get corrupted via Apple Apps Store. I'm stuck with this error "UpdateSystemLanguages is trying to modify your system settings." I got it together with the login prompt asking for your username and password which I cannot key in anything on my keyboard. And it got my iCloud totally messed up.

I have to re-download the MacOS Catalina again from Apple Apps Store and reinstall the macOS Catalina back again after install it from my Mac Mini. I have to sign out and sign in again to check my iCloud is working again.

So, if you are doing your Hackintoshes' update to Catalina. Please take note of this issue.

As it might wind up to your Hackintoshes' upgrades problems.

If you so happen to get such an issues. I recommend to re-download the macOS Catalina again. And make an image of the OS to backup on your thumb drive. Just in case. Who know you might need it.

You have to do a lot of thinking to get the work arounds.

Another thing is that at this time if you are using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
Adobe recommends to stick with High Sierra. Or Mojave. They have known issues with macOS Catalina.

So take note guys before doing any updates on your hackintosh with macOS Catalina.

Last edited:
I have problem too... RX 580
DP - primary monitor (working), and DP + hdmi - slave .. but working only DP (monitor) and 1 HDMI - 2 devices only ...

How to connect 2-3 or more DP devices + 1 HDMI at the same time?

PEASE HELP... any ideas?

SOLVED! update WhateverGreen.kext - and ALL RIGHT! WORK!

Z10PE-D16 WS
Clover still restarted again & again. It looks like root Volume is read-only. Is there any solution?

FYI:

Update: According to Apple's release notes, ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.1 introduces support for the AMD Navi RDNA eGPU architecture and brings some changes to ‌Photos‌. You can now filter by Favorites, Edited, ‌Photos‌, Videos, or Keywords in the All ‌Photos‌ view, and you can choose View > Metadata > Titles to enable titles and filenames in the All ‌Photos‌ View.

My installed NP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1398-07-20 at 05.10.31.png
    Screen Shot 1398-07-20 at 05.10.31.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 109
I can never quite get iMessage to work even after removing all settings and setting it to en0. I am however using a USB 5GHz WiFi due to my setup. I think that's why I also switched to Android phone. I use textnow and get basically same results as if iMessage was working. I can call and text from Mac with that as substitute. It's worth the add removing. It's less than 3 bucks a month. At least I like it. I can't say anyone else will.

I tried updating to 10.15 but my screen stays black after installation, no matter what port I use, anyone has any ideas? Worked perfectly fine on 10.14

SMBIOS: iMac17,1 (Also tried MacMini variants)
GFX: Radeon RX 580

I tried updating to 10.15 but my screen stays black after installation, no matter what port I use, anyone has any ideas? Worked perfectly fine on 10.14

SMBIOS: iMac17,1 (Also tried MacMini variants)
GFX: Radeon RX 580
Going by your hardware profile... Oh, wait...

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here).

Had to do a complete fresh install, was stuck in an endless loop. All good now though. Had slight issues with booting as the new clover folder arrangement stumped me for a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 14.07.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 14.07.12.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 122
Back