- Jul 8, 2017
- Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
Facing the same issue
From my point of view it was the clover kext not being used and old ones in the /Library/Extensions.
What you can try is :
- download the last lilu, AppleAlc, WhateverGreen, etc from the kexts section ;
- mount the / as rw ( sudo mount -uw / ) ;
- saving the actual /Library/Extensions content at this point should be a good idea ;
- after unzipping the downloaded archives, copy the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ ;
- then reboot (at your own risks).
Don't know if the kext cache need to be refresh...
I've messed up by deleting the old kexts (including the FakeSMC, you don't want to do that, I assure you) but was able to repair the system as the recovery mode provide access to the disks in the terminal app (I have no encryption enabled). I then just copied the kexts in the /Volumes/[YOUR_OS_ROOT_DRIVE]/Library/Extensions/ (with a cp -r ).
It's not a clean solution.
Hope that helps.