CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Had to disable the Intel Graphic in the bios due to a reboot loop (was active because of the preview bug on Mojave). Lost the Realtek sound device, appleALC seems not to work here... have to investigate. Everything else seems ok.

*UPDATE* : After having upgraded the kext in /Library/Extensions it seems to work fine. So, as an upgrade from Mojave, everything seems to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z370-Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Successfully updated. USB3, Audio, Video, Ethernet, Wifi, iMessage, AirDrop is working! I had to change the last boot option on Clover to boot from my macOS partition. I also updated Clover and kexts with Kext Updater and made a Time Machine backup before updating. Other than that, updated like a real Mac.

Ever since i changed from GTX 960 to RX 580 (in order to run Mojave) and took my time and made a custom DSDT for USB3, i've been updating my Hackintosh without any issues since first or second release of the Mojave. Before it, i mostly run into the problems with Ethernet, Audio and USB3. First two wasn't a big problem to fix, but USB3 bugged me a lot. Now it's just a breeze.
Did you do an OTA update via app store? No multibeast or anything?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi guys!
I was able to update my hack to Catalina beta 1 and beta 3, but I can not upgrade to release of Catalina. At first, the installation goes fine, but when it comes to launching the MacOS, at the beginning of the startup bar, the macOS reboots. I read about the need to deal with AppleACPIPlatform, tried to rename the EС, made the SSDT-EC.aml patch - it's useless. They write: Block com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC. But how to do that?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE H270N-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys!
I was able to update my hack to Catalina beta 1 and beta 3, but I can not upgrade to release of Catalina. At first, the installation goes fine, but when it comes to launching the MacOS, at the beginning of the startup bar, the macOS reboots. I read about the need to deal with AppleACPIPlatform, tried to rename the EС, made the SSDT-EC.aml patch - it's useless. I read I can block driver or kext. But how to do that?
I think i have the same problem as you and a lot of other guys https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...catalina-mojave-backup-boots-normally.284661/

Motherboard
HP 850 G2
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5500 + AMD model # > See Rules!
Installation went fine, however, I've been experiencing total lockups - particularly when launching the App Store

ASRock Z97 Anniversary : i7 4790K (no o/c) : AMD 5770 Graphics 3GB.

Motherboard
Asus Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Everything went super smoothly. Regular update, I did not update Clover upfront or anything. All works as expected <3.

ASUS PRIME Z370-P + Core i7-8700K + Radeon RX480
Dude how did it get to work, we have the same config apart from the GPU i get this error all the time!
Also could you upload your EFI Folder i can't seem to get it to work

Attachments

Motherboard
HP 850 G2
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5500 + AMD model # > See Rules!
Just upgraded, mostly without issue, however the App Store is back to its behaviour of freezing after a few seconds. I've confirmed I've got the most updated whatevergreen & Liu kext (to my knowledge) but it still breaks. I've also confirmed that video in the new "TV" section does not work. I would love some insight on how to address this, or if anyone else has had the same issue.

Steps to resolve so far:

removed App Store cache and restarted
updated Lilu & Whatever green
updated Clover to 5070
Confirmed other video works on YouTube, etc.
Same issue here, whole system freezing and I have to power cycle.

I've followed the same steps as you, but no joy...

Motherboard
Asus B250 Prime Plus
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Zotac Nvidia GTX 1050TI 4gb
Mac
MacBook Pro
Upgraded successfully to Catalina from Mojave in my Asus B250 Prime Plus.
Only sound (ALC-887) doesn't work, also after I updated AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen.
Do you have some suggestions?