Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti + R9 380
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
direct update from Mojave 10.4.6 went good after adding DSDT-EC.dsl (for Haswell and older, there's another for earlier CPUs) to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched as explained in this chapter "Current Issues with Catalina", because I had ACPI errors and installation stalled at first reboot.
I suggest to all of those who are in the same situation do so, or patch DSDT on the fly as explained on the same page but it doesn't seems to be the best way to go for desktop.
Catalina.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING
CPU
I5 8600K OC 4,5 Ghz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just installed Catalina. Update worked like charm with Clover 5070. Have to roll back though because wether Ableton Live nor Logic Pro X works properly. Too bad. Should have listened to forum posts all over the internet regarding update and DAWs.

Motherboard
gigabayte z77
CPU
3.4 i7 intel
Graphics
4800 hd ati
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
The installation went smoothly straight from Apple's store, except for the sound card and mirrored iPad screen. Everything works as usual.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
direct update from Mojave 10.4.6 went good after adding DSDT-EC.dsl (for Haswell and older, there's another for earlier CPUs) to EFI/CLOVER/AHCI/patched as explained in this chapter "Current Issues with Catalina", because I had ACPI errors and installation stalled at first reboot.
I suggest to all of those who are in the same situation do so, or patch DSDT on the fly as explained on the same page but it doesn't seems to be the best way to go for desktop.
View attachment 429148
Hi. Can I get that .dsl file from you? I'm noob when it comes to creating one.

Motherboard
MSI PRIME Z370-P
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
ASUS Nvidia 1070
Everything went super smoothly. Regular update, I did not update Clover upfront or anything. All works as expected <3.

ASUS PRIME Z370-P + Core i7-8700K + Radeon RX480

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II X
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Updated the clover to 5070.
Updated drivers, kexts
Upgraded to catalina, no errors. Bluetooth, wifi, usb, airdrop all working fine.
ZFS working fine after upgraded to 1.9.2

But my processor info disappeared.
Also noticed the SATA SSD raid doesn't show up in the storage info, only main nvme SSD + zfs.

Attached my EFI, UUID and serial removed.

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Just upgraded, mostly without issue, however the App Store is back to its behaviour of freezing after a few seconds. I've confirmed I've got the most updated whatevergreen & Liu kext (to my knowledge) but it still breaks. I've also confirmed that video in the new "TV" section does not work. I would love some insight on how to address this, or if anyone else has had the same issue.

Steps to resolve so far:

removed App Store cache and restarted
updated Lilu & Whatever green
updated Clover to 5070
Confirmed other video works on YouTube, etc.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and Clover to latest. Installed 'like a real Mac' and all went fine. so far everything working

Motherboard
ASUS H310T R2
CPU
i5-9500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
No one problem with update.
Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.09.16.png

Clover 5070 with ApfsDriverLoader.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

All kexts and UEFI drivers at EFI partition.

Last edited: