Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This version is unable to run the latest nvidia patcher on my system. Back up before you try the patch! 3rd party kexts in L/E can crash the system while booting, careful with that, too.

Always happy to report a successful upgrade via System Preferences
3 Reboots, a total time of about 27:30 seconds
Clover 5199
Latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.38.03 PM.png

I manually updated kexts (I tried updating them via Clover Configurator, but the kexts it added didn't have version numbers; didn't want to risk it)

Here are handy, direct links to the kexts on Github:

Apple ALC 1.5.3

Lilu 1.4.8

Whatever Green 1.4.3

——————————————————————————————
Ran installer from System Preferences
3 Reboots, a total time of about 27:30 seconds

Time - What you see on screen
Clicked "Update"
3 min Black Screen White Apple - progress bar

1 min REBOOT to BIOS, Clover Bootloader: choose "Boot MacOS, Install from HardDriveName - Data"
2 min White Screen Gray Apple -> Blank White Screen (10 seconds) -> Black Screen White Apple "Estimated time…"

1 min REBOOT to BIOS, Clover Bootloader: choose "Boot MacOS, Install from HardDriveName - Data"
1 min White Screen Gray Apple -> Blank White Screen (10 seconds)
6 min Black Screen White Apple "Estimated time… 42 minutes"*

2 min REBOOT TO BIOS -> Clover Bootloader: choose "HardDriveName"
10 min White Screen Gray Apple -> Black Screen White Apple "Estimated Time… 10 minutes"

* It said 42 minutes, but only took 6 minutes

Last edited:
Graphics patch didn't work, library validation had to be disabled. Graphics acceleration seems slow. I'm checking if everything else works. I think ICH0R patches were necessary. Booted successfully with Clover 5119.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 22.46.52.png

Last edited:
Idk if this a successful installation or not,

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 14.26.08.png

cause I still have this on clover boot :/

screenshot0.png
542891.jpg

All good here. It took about 15 minutes and for me there was a long period of no activity after the first reboot (Apple logo, progress bar bu NO time estimation shown). Then it kicked into life with a time estimation and carried on ok.

Opencore 0.6.1, ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac.

Clover 5126 broke all of my bootable options. They were still visible but when selected the screen would just freeze at the bootloader. Fortunately I had a bootable usb with 5102 to recover. I then installed 5120 which allowed the update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.7 to work.

There is a new Catalina release 19H4 available, anybody know what it fixes ? Little seems to be known about this particular Catalina iteration.

Regards Henties

There is a new Catalina release 19H4 available, anybody know what it fixes ? Little seems to be known about this particular Catalina iteration.

Regards Henties
The build should be exclusive for the 2017 21.5-inch iMac.

had to boot from the preboot partition, update took 7 minutes
everything looks fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back