Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked for me... at least two reboots and about 20 minutes.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.36.07 PM.png

Updated successfully, though during the reboot Clover picked up the Recovery partition. Had to restart and manually select the correct one.

Migrated from Clover to OpenCore from 10.15.6 to 10.15.7. No issues.

Never had such biggest issue with latest clover...stuck on « scan entries ». Apparently I’m not the only one : https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/226. So beware before updating!! Had to struggle reinstalling 5119. Waiting for the update.
The current version 5122 fixed this for me, I had the same issue with the first release of 5122.
But I switched to OC now, but also have Clover on another drive up-to-date. You never know...

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 2.29.25 AM.png

Did Time Machine backup. Saved a backup copy of my EFI folder. Updated to latest Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen kexts putting them in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Remained with Clover version 5107. Installed via System Preferences -> Software Update. Rebooted a few times, making sure to select Install partition on first 2 reboots. All looks good.

After removing RTCMemoryFixup.kext everything ok!

Update: everything NOT OK! Safari freezes/or not start, apple apps like podcast itunes apple tv dont start, youtube on chrome freezes randomly

GA-z97n-wifi
i7 4790K
iGPU Intel HD 4600

Updated to 10.15.7 from 10.15.6

Steps
  • Backed up the boot drive using Carbon Copy Cloner
  • Verified my EFI folders on both my boot drive and my cloned drive were the same
  • Updated Clover from 5107 to 5122 using Clover Configurator
  • Verified Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext were current (mine were already up-to-date from when I upgraded to 10.15.6)
    • Lilu.kext v1.4.7
    • AppleALC.kext v 1.5.2
    • WhateverGreen.kext v 1.4.2
  • Downloaded and Installed 10.15.7 Update
  • Rebooted 3 times. Each time I manually selected the boot drive with the word "Install" in the name before timeout
  • Success!
10-15-7Update.png

Last edited:
Good Update.
Clover and Kext not updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back