Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied update and my 5700XT works much better.

Can you hint on what got better.. I am skeptical to update, so it would be good to know if its worth it!

Success!
  • Installed Clover 5122.
  • Downloaded the 10.15.7 .dmg update, not combo update.
  • Updated Lilu 1.4.7, WhateverGreen 1.4.2, AppleALC 1.5.2, and VirtualSMC 1.1.6 to Kexts\Other.
After several restarts, sound and USB3 working with no further effort required.

Updated Clover to r5122, Lilu to 1.4.7, and WhateverGreen to 1.4.2. Then I updated macOS via System Preferences without any issues.
About This Mac 10-15-7.png

Do you have a working Sidecar with an iMac Pro setup? (SMBIOS 1.1)
How is it possible?
I have abandoned for a while the search for the solution to this problem because it seemed impossible to solve, but I don't know if in the meantime there have been any news.
I would be grateful if you could allow to deepen a little ...

Bye

I used the ipad as an input in pages to test it, it allowed for me to draw a sketch. It is SMBIOS 1.1 that I am using. I have not explored it much further than that. I did not get the additional screen with it but it did function as a sketch pad and I am not sure if there is something I am suppose to do to get it there. Regarding what I did, the only thing that changed during the update was my longstanding EFI folder got botched, and I drug over the new EFI from my USB installer disk, added my config and extensions and usb mapping files. Rebooted and the apple watch and handoff all working like they used to some time back.

hey guys, update went smooth. Unfortunately I'm not being able to sign in into apple id in the system preferences anymore. It's either says "incorrect password" or "an error occurred". My other machine is still running 10.15.6, no issues there and also no issues with my two mac native machines. Any idea what I could do besides make a new serial number.

After some booting issues of the installer under clover 5110 (I would get an apple and then a shutdown [in verbose i saw an indication it had something to do with airport]), an accidental update to 5123 instead of 5122, and and calamity trying to boot from my original install usb (remade with wife's apple laptop and created with current 10.15.7 update files and clover version 5119) I used the usb install usb to replace the failing boot drive EFI and updated it with my previous config, extensions and USB mapping files. Then the update was as smooth as butter... it was a bad Saturday.... the good news is out of all this, my Apple Watch opens my computer again and Sidecar / Handoff all work flawlessly now.
View attachment 490696

How did you downgrade back to Clover r5122? I was prepping for the update by updating Clover, Lilu, and Whatevergreen. Clover 5123 gives me the fatal error “did not find config.plist/quirks” and won’t boot to the partition selection screen. Luckily I have an older UniBeast drive handy and am able to access my Windows drive. I am, however, unable to access my EFI folder from Windows 10 as it tells me permission is denied. Trying to use software like “TakeOwnershipEX” and such is not helping me access the EFI folder from within Windows 10, and I can’t boot back into OS X Catalina 10.15.6 even with the old UniBeast drive. Please elaborate on how you reverted to r5122 and your process on accessing your EFI folder to make the necessary changes. Thank you.

EDIT: Someone on github recommended "Explorer++" because "Windows 10 is very protective of EFI folders", and it worked great. I uploaded my old EFI folder to Google drive and downloaded it on Win 10, opened my EFI partition with Explorer ++, and copied the entire folder. Now I'm booted up into OS X and finished with my update to 10.15.7. Everything works.

Last edited:
Also tried to give a go to 5123, but also got the message "did not find config.plist/Quirks", so got back to Clover r5119. Got to figure out those ocquirks.
Otherwise after update to Lilu 1.4.8, WhateverGreen 1.4.3 and AppleALC 1.5.3, update went smoothly, about 40 minutes and 3 reboots.

Same issue with Clover 5123. Had to restore the EFI partition to get past the 'did not find config.plist/Quirks' issue.

Then updated to Clover 5122, updated Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC, installed the update and got stuck with a black screen. I waited for 20 minutes, switched off my Hackintosh and it booted to macOS 10.15.7.

I was still stuck with the macOS Data Install startup folder, but was able to remove it. So far no sound or USB issues.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 10.01.17.png

Easy!

I ever restart the machine for check its all fine before run the update and have the system clean, after that Run the update from the System Preferences, boot from the MacOS Install Volume everytime until this volume desapears (3 times in this case).

Thats all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back