Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Supplemental Update

MacOS updates from Apple downloads do not install on hackintosh. Get error Volume does not meet requirements.

I installed the relevant packages manually from /library/upates/ which worked except for the main supplementary update for catalina and when rebooting I decided to try to installer clover option and it bricked the catalina installation on my USB stick.

OpenCore - updated through Apple Menu - System Preferences -> Software Update. No issues, updated just like on a real Mac.
Bravo! I am running a Z390 MOBO as well, along with an RX580 (I assume you meant RX, not MX?). My processor is an i5 but otherwise it's pretty much the same system. Would I be able to get your settings for Opencore by chance? I tried it following the install (I'm not too knowledgable so I went real slow!) and it took like 2 hours for me to download and get everything straight and it didn't work. I'd love to try with yours if you'd be so willing!

thanks! :)

I was able to install Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15) supplemental update on my unsupported HackBookPro6,2 (Dell Latitude E6410) by using gibMacOs to create a full installer.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 1.11.37 PM.png

Downloaded the MacOS 10.15.7 Supplemental Update from Apple and installed on my Kaby Lake build using a separate hard disk. Apart from some sudden reboots, no problems. Also installed Safari 14.0.1 using a separate package directly downloaded from Apple.

Then clone the system on the disk to my NVMe SSD on my main system using SuperDuper 3.3.1. Shut down, remove the hard disk, and reboot from the SSD. No problems so far with Catalina 10.15.7 build 19H15.

Will clone the system to my Z370 build later.

Links to the Safari 14.0.1 installers should anyone be interested :

Catalina : http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...al10fetgp79trpw0/Safari14.0.1CatalinaAuto.pkg

Mojave : http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...gx64e9n22jehj77rcz/Safari14.0.1MojaveAuto.pkg

Supplemental Security Update for 10.15.7 (2020-001) trying today. Will report.
[Edit: Successful update on "Mini-ITX 2" (below, using OpenCore 0,6,4) from build 19H15 to 19H114. Took about 17 minutes from beginning of download to updated display. No problems.]

Last edited:
Updated successfully. Clover r5122, updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC. 3 reboots. No problems.

Back