Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.7 Supplemental Update

Updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15) on OpenCore 0.6.3:
Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 22.23.12.png

Do not install Clover 5126. I did so and system won't budge from Clover screen. Had to use EFI shell to restore Clover to 5122. After that install went flawless, and completed in 20 minutes or so. Prior to install, I updated the trio of AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen

Do not install Clover 5126. I did so and system won't budge from Clover screen. Had to use EFI shell to restore Clover to 5122. After that install went flawless, and completed in 20 minutes or so. Prior to install, I updated the trio of AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen
As r5122 is the last version without OpenCore embedded. This should be known by more people.

As r5122 is the last version without OpenCore embedded. This should be known by more people.

I just found this out the hard way. I tried to update to Clover r5126, but my computer would not boot. I discovered that Clover was now using OpenCore for r5123+ from a post by Slice in the change log. I reverted back to 5122 using my backup. I know there are some configurations that I need to do to get it to work, but I don't have time right now. Updated Lilu, WhatEverGreen and Virtual SMC with Clover r5122 and all worked like a charm.

NewMacOS.jpg

Success! ~20 mins, a few restarts, Clover v5119 with updated kexts.

GA-z97n-wifi
i7 4790K
iGPU Intel HD 4600

Updated to 10.15.7 Supplemental from 10.15.7

Steps
  • Backed up the boot drive using Carbon Copy Cloner
  • Verified my EFI folders on both my boot drive and my cloned drive were the same
  • Clover version remains 5122
  • Updated Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to current
    • Lilu.kext v1.4.9
    • AppleALC.kext v 1.5.4
    • WhateverGreen.kext v 1.4.4
  • Downloaded and Installed 10.15.7 Supplemental Update
  • Rebooted 3 times. Each time I manually selected the boot drive with the word "Install" in the name before timeout. The first reboot: Clover picks the correct "Install" boot volume. The second reboot: I have to select the "Install" boot volume. The third reboot: The "Install" volume is gone and Clover picks the normal boot volume. This seems to be a consistent pattern when I do updates.
  • Success!
10.15.7 Supplemental Update.png

Hi All,

update went smooth, BUT I get black screen after reboot :(
I got startup bar progress then black screen.
I tried to update Clover to 5126 a very bad idea :crazy: after the upgrade not able to boot at all. just got Apple logo.
Downgrade Clover to 5120 and change SMBIOS "product model" from iMac19,1 to MacPro6,1
and Miracle I was able to get the display back ;)
All is working fine now cool....

Forget to mention that sound is not working after the upgrade

Capture d’écran 2020-11-08 à 16.21.37.png

Last edited:
Update with Clover 5122 was very easy on all computers. Testing to update with OpenCore 6.2 did NOT work on a NUC8i3 (the one witch M.2 disc only) it ended with a disc image error -69736. Perhaps that is a SIP error? Please let me know if you know about it, thanks. Before update I also updated ALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC on all machines.

Attachments

• IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 60
Updated my first old Asus motherboard, with the combo (from 10.15.2 to 10.15.7). That went well. I could not do from Apple Store because I suspect there were some problems with the login. My terminal was not working and was giving the message

login: login: Could not determine audit condition

[Process completed]

Well the upgrade (from 10.15.2 to 10.15.7) worked (clicked twice (after twice shutdown) on the pre-boot disk) and, after the upgrade, the Terminal went back to normal and said "chsh -s /bin/zsh". Done that too and terminal is fine. Updated the usual kexts. Then from Apple store I updated with the supplemental. Again two shutdowns/two restarts. I found that the audio woodooHDA creates problems. Anyway from some years I am using an USB attachment for the audio. So...

Last edited:
Smooth. 45 min, 3 reboots.

Back