Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.15.6 no serial 2020-07-31.png

Success! I had an initial hiccough during the install with Clover 5120, but sorted it thanks to prior comments!!

Appears to be working well!
——————————————————————————————

Details, in case anyone finds them useful:

Started with 10.15.4 (I skipped an intermediate update)
Booting via Clover 5120 (initially)
Updated via the System Preferences

Initially started well:
7 minutes - Boot black screen, white apple. But it then rebooted to login screen. :(

I read the the last few pages here, then downgraded from Clover 5120 to Clover 5119.

On restart with Clover 5119, it resumed the install. Just like that!
1 minute - Reboot "Boot MacOS Install from [Drive name]. Light gray background, dark gray apple
8 minutes - Black background, white apple progress bar. "Estimated Time 43 minutes" (was only 8)

1 minute - Reboot - Boot MacOS from [drive name]
3 minutes - Light gray background, dark gray apple
20 seconds - Black background, white apple progress bar.

21 minutes of active installing (7 initial + 14 minutes after downgrading to Clover 5119)
Plus a few extra minutes to research why the first attempt failed, then to download, and reinstall the downgraded Clover 5199 bootloader.

Updated without a problem. Even during the boots, Clover chose the right drive every time.

Updated with a couple of reboots (first from installer inside macOS, the other one after the update booted from “Install macOS from Catalina“).
Actually everithing seems to be working fine.

I stil have in clover a “Install from Catalina - Data” disk, but I can ignore it.

Updated two days ago from 10.15.2. I had some problems with the HDMI not working, which were solved in the last released of WhateverGreen (1.4.1). Then I faced a problem of my monitor not waking up after it goes to sleep (unless I turned it off/on again) which was solved by this thread.

I read the the last few pages here, then downgraded from Clover 5120 to Clover 5119.

Thanks a lot for this hint! Unfortunately it took me some hours until I found your post. Now I went back from 5221 to 5119 and my system boots again :)

Catalina 10.15.7 build 19H2 is available

Greetings Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back