Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues straight from Preferences/Software Update.
2 Reboots total, 23 min total, full auto-pilot.
1st Reboot to Installer Preboot
2nd Reboot to Prebooter (@12 minutes)
Straight to OS X Log-in (@23 minutes)
Cleanest Install yet
Must now find wood to knock on for many weeks on end

Attachments

• Update Confirmed.png
    Update Confirmed.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 93
  • System Info.png
    System Info.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Hackintool.png
    Hackintool.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 117
Another smooth update.
10.15.6.jpg

Absolutely no problem updating. Behaved like on a real Mac. Just the Ethernet port had to be reactivated because of an not finished driver.

This update was very fast on my machine. No problems.
i9-9900K, Radeon 64 Liquid Cooling, AORUS Z390 Master, 32 GB G.Skill 4000MHz RAM, Samsung 970 PRO 512GB.
Kext and Clover like on the previous macOS 10.15.5 update:
Lilu 1.4.5, AppleALC 1.5.0, Whatevergreen1.4.0, VirtualSMC 1.1.4, USBIjectall 0.7.5, Clover 5119.
Hide Preboot and other partitions in the Clover Plist. Always select "install macOS something" and then your macOS main partition.

Last edited:
all went OK, updatet clover and all the kext files and the install went without any issues.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 19.54.42.png

...two restarts and then 10.15.6... without issues...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-17 um 21.55.21.png

Yet anther quick and easy MacOS update.

I did not update Clover (Currently running r5107) or any 3rd party Kexts (Currently on the 1st June Lilu point release).
I kept all 3rd party kext's installed in /Library/Extensions as I have done for years with no problems.

Update took around 20 mins on both machines with the usual three reboots.

2017 HP Spectre X360 Laptop :-
MonkeyBookPro-10.15.6.png

Haswell i7 4790K desktop system :
MonkeyMacPro-10.15.6.png

Cheers
Jay

Yet anther quick and easy MacOS update.
I did not update Clover (Currently running r5107) or any 3rd party Kexts (Currently on the 1st June Lilu point release).
I kept all 3rd party kext's installed in /Library/Extensions as I have done for years with no problems.
That is a bad idea. Put the Kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

:lol::lol::lol: Bring it on!

BTW, should we expect a lot of BS abbrv. being used once it’s officially launched? Of course I mean BS for Big Sur, not BS for BS :lol:
I have a lot of BS in my life, so I stick with Catalina which now works surprisingly well for me. I refuse to become an Apple Guinea Pig during their platform change journey into the "unknown", I do however like real Guinea Pigs, they are actually quite cute creatures and usually without BS as the picture reveals.

Cheers Henties, enjoy the latest Apple BS

Attachments

• Guinea Pig.jpg
    Guinea Pig.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back