Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Post #2 with some tips on how to update to 10.15.6.

The update to 10.15.6 on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini went flawlessly, without any issues. See update steps here.

Big Bird, uh Big something like that or other.....that's where I'm focused.
They hired PLAYSKOOL graphic designers to make the new icons in Big Sur. Apple did reject a few they made, like the ones for the Apple logo, Thunderbolt and Apple Glass.

Screen Shot 8.jpg
Screen Shot 5.jpg
Screen Shot 3.jpg

How Apple accepted the new Launchpad icon from them makes no sense to me. Can't wait to upgrade and relive my childhood. Catalina still looks pretty good though. May stay with 10.15.6.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Wait a minute. On closer inspection, PLAYSKOOL even designed the original Launchpad icon. Guess we should have seen this coming years ago.

Screen Shot 5.jpg
Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
They hired PLAYSKOOL graphic designers to make the new icons in Big Sur. Apple did reject a few they made, like the ones for the Apple logo, Lightning and Apple Glass.

View attachment 480574 View attachment 480575 View attachment 480576

How Apple accepted the new Launchpad icon from them makes no sense to me. Can't wait to upgrade and relive my childhood. Catalina still looks pretty good though. May stay with 10.15.6.

View attachment 480570

Wait a minute. On closer inspection, PLAYSKOOL even designed the original Launchpad icon. Guess we should have seen this coming years ago.

View attachment 480572 View attachment 480573

Have to say, I completely agree with you. Big Sur looks like a cartoon, or maybe it was done by a Designer who took too much Orange Sunshine........

Updated without any changes needed. But already was at Clover 5119 and recent kexts (June or thereabouts).
At first Clover screen chose prebooter prebooter. It ran, restarted but crashed. Then at next Clover screen I chose the installer and it worked. I got a message to reboot into the Data partition, but that disappeared and there were no problems. All seems fine at this point. I did not need to clear the NVRam as I have previously (emulated NVRam installed).

I updated to 10.15.6 with no major problems except one that's become very annoying and which was introduced by 10.15.5, and that is this: Since 10.15.5, every time I clone with CCC I have to go to my BIOS, remove a phantom "Mac OS X" drive, reset my boot order to the correct real drive, and reboot. Now that problem has expanded to any reboot that involved the need to boot from the "Install" drive. I had to go to my BIOS and reset the boot order twice for the first time ever. In some ways we seem to be going backwards. Other than that, all is good. I'm hoping this update fixes the kernel panics that were also introduced in 10.15.5, but I'll have to wait and see on that one.

7/19 update. Catalina 10.15.6 did not fix the kernel panics introduced in 10.15.5. :mad:

8/1 update. The latest release of CCC removes the code that was installed because of the issue in 10.15.5. 10.15.6 resolved that issue and CCC now no longer creates a phantom drive that forces me to go to my BIOS to fix the boot order. Progress!

Last edited:
Updated with no problems with my Core i7 10700K and Z490 Mobo with OpenCore...

Z370 | 9600K | RX 580 build
截圖 2020-07-16 11.00.25a.png

19-minute smooth update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back