Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Optimac 9020 USFF seems fine with the update so far.
Took quite a while 40min, 1.5GB download, rebooted several times by itself.

Smooth on Intel X99

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.48.05.png

waiting for more RAM...

No problems updating here either. Updated Clover to 5122, Lilu, WG, AppleALC. Several reboots and GtG!

Simple and straightforward. ~17 minutes from start to finish (this does not include the time to download the update)

Sound and video are working fine. Everything else seems normal.

Clover: 5199
Updated Apple ALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen to latest.*

1. Download and reboot
2. Boot MacOs install from [DriveName]
3. Boot MacOs install from [DriveName]
4. Boot from [DriveName]
5. Reboot to desktop

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 4.36.18 PM.png

*You can update your kexts via Clover Configurator, but I'm in the habit of doing them manually. For those who are likewise inclined, here are handy links:

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/releases

Click to download the "RELEASE" version, not the "DEBUG". Unzip the files, then place the *.kext files in following directory:

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Hello,
I'm new to all this, and this will be my very first software update on a Hackintosh. My NUC10i7 uses OC 0.5.9 and those KEXT:
Code:
$ kextfind -no-paths OC/Kexts/ -report -p CFBundleVersion -p CFBundleName
CFBundleVersion    CFBundleName
1.4.5    Lilu
2.9.2    VoodooHDA
1.5.0    AppleALC
1.0.3    IntelMausi
1.0.3    IntelBluetoothFirmware
1.1.4    SMCSuperIO
1.0.2    NVMeFix
1.4.0    WhateverGreen
1.1.4    SMCProcessor
1    itlwmx
1.0.1    Kernel Extension Disabler
1.1.4    VirtualSMC

Is it safe to just upgrade from 10.15.6 19G73 to the latest 10.15.6 supplemental update without touching anything in EFI/OC/etc. ?

edit: finally I made the jump, it went alright as far as I can say. I'm now running 10.15.6 (19G2021) and I have not upgraded EFI/Kext.
Took 24 minutes from the click on the update button in system preferences to updated Finder, 4 reboots including the very first one at the start of the process.

Last edited:
Updated after two restarts. No problems, but kinda slow. But with almost 3GB in size not surprising.

Seems to me that it should have been called 10.15.7 and not supplemental update.

Updated Apple ALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC kexts.

Didn't touch clover, still on 5118. If it works don't mess with it.

Update Clover to 5122, then install the update. 2 reboots form macOS Install, and finally it gave me the "couldn't find boot disk" error. As you know is nothing important. I just reboot again this time from the system drive and everything OK, the update was done. Everything working fine. Sound, Thunderbolt, Wifi, Bluetooth, sleep, awake, restart and shut off.

The only thing is that the macOS Install partition remains there.

The build is Gigabyte Designare Z390, 64GB RAM and Radeon 580.

Update Clover to 5122, then install the update. 2 reboots form macOS Install, and finally it gave me the "couldn't find boot disk" error. As you know is nothing important. I just reboot again this time from the system drive and everything OK, the update was done. Everything working fine. Sound, Thunderbolt, Wifi, Bluetooth, sleep, awake, restart and shut off.

The only thing is that the macOS Install partition remains there.

The build is Gigabyte Designare Z390, 64GB RAM and Radeon 580.
Delete the macOS Install partition in Disk Utility.

Updated Apple ALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC kexts and upgraded to Clover 5122. Never managed to install the update. The progressbar reaches 98 percent and then the computer powers off.
Hopefully there will be a 10.15.7 update that will work.
Tried download from "Upgrade system" and the downloaded Combo update.
Not sure what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back